Technical Jobs in SDQ

C

Chip00

Ironically Chip00, I have no intent on becoming politically involved. I would have no qualms about being active in my community, but it would be a long shot before I decide to run for any kind of political office. I truly believe there's a lot that can be done without having to be (fully) subjected to the relentless scrutiny and lack of privacy usually attached to being a public figure, a political one that is. History has shown you can't serve two Lords. The world of politics is somber and if I can help being surrounded or absorbed by it, I will.

As far as my age, well... my elevator's about to stop on the fourth floor. ;)

Well good luck to you if you can implement change w/o getting involved in politicians.

I understand too that politicians are held in low regard here - in fact people openly say they are criminals and look down on somebody who is involved in politics.

However, IMO until somebody comes along with new ideas and a LOVE of their country greater than all the negatives to be encountered, don't hold your breath for significant change.

sheller

Mar 22, 2006
Try marketing yourself or skills to companies in the free zones. Instead of looking for full time employment try offering completion of projects or specialized services.

C

Chip00

Try marketing yourself or skills to companies in the free zones. Instead of looking for full time employment try offering completion of projects or specialized services.

That would sound likea good idea except that by all accounts the free zone businesses are leaving for "greener pastures"(other countries) mainly because Dominican labor laws make it so hard for the companies to stay competitive in the world market.

L

LarrySpencer

I'm currently looking for someone with strong network skills to help with a US Robotics project here in Santo Domingo (Zona Franca San Isidro). Your skills may be a little higher than even our tier 2 reps, but it's definately a good way to get your foot in the door and open you to the call center industry here in the DR. Believe me, they're all continuously looking for people within their IT departments.

PM me if you are interested in more info.