Teen pregnancy rate doubles the world average: UN

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
If they are lucky Mom and Daughter can be pregnant at the same time from the same guy..
Hhmmm, let’s see now. Would one be his daughter and step daughter and the other be his daughter and grand daughter. Both girls woulder could be half sisters and aunt and niece. And…….. never mind

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Hhmmm, let’s see now. Would one be his daughter and step daughter and the other be his daughter and grand daughter. Both girls woulder could be half sisters and aunt and niece. And…….. never mind

Not to mention the guy will be at the same time father and step grandfather of the girls' child, and that child will be his own uncle/aunt...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yes, pretty much. The problem continues to be the governments failure to understand that underdevelopment is not the sum of all things that are missing. Underdevelopment is an attitude, it's a point of view about things in life. If something could be done to teach fathers how to change that in their children, underdevelopment would be history in less than 30 years. But gubmints keep wasting time and resources trying to attack the consequences of underdevelopment. You can put trillions of dollars into that and nothing will change, if anything they might get worse. That's like trying to solve health problems by building hospitals....

deep, Castle; real deep. i just saved this posting to my favorites on my pc.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "Powers That BE", here in the DR, meaning the government, the "1, or 2, Percenters", and especially the
catholic church, WANT a high birth rate, especially among the poor.
Church wants more members.
Gov., wants more easily manipulated voters.
The "Ricos", want ignorant, and therefore CHEAP, laborers.
My wife just fired our GREAT maid of 2 1/2 years, who was making 8,000 a month.
The new maid is paid 6,000 a month, for five and a half days a week.
That is a crime!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
so, Castle, i guess i have been safe in asserting that allocating money to education will not cure the woeful condition that currently exists here? have i?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The "Powers That BE", here in the DR, meaning the government, the "1, or 2, Percenters", and especially the
catholic church, WANT a high birth rate, especially among the poor.
Church wants more members.
Gov., wants more easily manipulated voters.
The "Ricos", want ignorant, and therefore CHEAP, laborers.
My wife just fired our GREAT maid of 2 1/2 years, who was making 8,000 a month.
The new maid is paid 6,000 a month, for five and a half days a week.
That is a crime!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CC, not to mention that the 1% merchant class wants more sheep to buy their products.

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
Not to mention the guy will be at the same time father and step grandfather of the girls' child, and that child will be his own uncle/aunt...
I am sure this guy will take good care of the children.. He will be around and paying for education and expenses..

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I think I have told this before but...My sister in-law, OBGYN, educated woman was blind when it came to my niece who was 16 at the time. Told her over and over again that my niece was headed down that teenage pregnancy path. But she would not hear it, she was insulted. My son who is close in age to my niece sat my sister in-law down and told her what he knew since they hung around in the same circles. Here is a woman that is a OBGYN knows very well the need for birth control, has made comments on that very subject many a times when it came to other girls but was blind to what was going on in her own house. Long story short I have a 2 year old great nephew.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
so, Castle, i guess i have been safe in asserting that allocating money to education will not cure the woeful condition that currently exists here? have i?

No. I don't think it will. Education is important, of course. But not the kind of education you can get at high school or universities. The real important education is the one you get at home. Countries like DR don't need more engineers that don't respect traffic lights, or doctors that park their jeepetas on a curb blocking pedestrians spaces, or lawyers that trick power meters to pay less, or economists that evade taxes. When the right education is given at home, the rest of the problems find a solution in a generation's time. I'm not saying this is easy to do, but it's the only way to move forward.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
the guy who lives nextdoor to me has an ex-girlfriend with a lovely looking daughter. young and dumb, but prettier than a hundred dollar bill. now that the affair between himself and mom is over, he is now banging the daughter, while moms sleeps in the living room, on the muebles. i kid you not.

The mother and daughter "experience" at the same time is possible in the DR?
This type of wonderful excursion is never mentioned in the Travel Brochures.
This place just keeps growing on me..

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
but this kind of education comes from education. the lawyers and doctors may still be nothing more than chops with money but they want to distant themselves and their families from the dirt in the bottom. so they have their kids learn how to set the table and eat the meal using an army of various knives and forks. so they tell their kids to keep away from the poor human rubbish and wait until they find a reach husband or a deserving rich womb before they have kids. so they send their kids to better schools abroad, to show the lowly trash below how much nicer and better they are.

this is how it works. neuvo ricos might have started low but they will put as much room between themselves and their past as they can. and the middle class will blindly follow. they will be looking down on the poor and stomping on them as much as they can to show they are out.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
but this kind of education comes from education. the lawyers and doctors may still be nothing more than chops with money but they want to distant themselves and their families from the dirt in the bottom. so they have their kids learn how to set the table and eat the meal using an army of various knives and forks. so they tell their kids to keep away from the poor human rubbish and wait until they find a reach husband or a deserving rich womb before they have kids. so they send their kids to better schools abroad, to show the lowly trash below how much nicer and better they are.

this is how it works. neuvo ricos might have started low but they will put as much room between themselves and their past as they can. and the middle class will blindly follow. they will be looking down on the poor and stomping on them as much as they can to show they are out.

and, at days end, they are still philistines in designer jeans.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hell yes, they are exactly the same trash they are now trashing, only with more money and completely unaware of it...

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Well when I said education I didn't mean teaching good manners. I meant teaching real values...

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I think that it was mentioned before that mothers here tend to NOT talk to their daughters about procreation.. in that the girls are NOT educated at home? And there is no sex education at schools, right? And sex seems to start very early in all classes.. except in the deeply relgious groups.. perhaps..But unmarried motherhood is still considered less than desirable for the upper middle and beyond class, is it not? It is still sexpected that a girl will finish high school and maybe even university and then get married first? That is more of a class thing, just as it is in the US, no? (not that it cannot happen now in any family! since there is much less shame in it

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I think that it was mentioned before that mothers here tend to NOT talk to their daughters about procreation.. in that the girls are NOT educated at home? And there is no sex education at schools, right? And sex seems to start very early in all classes.. except in the deeply relgious groups.. perhaps..But unmarried motherhood is still considered less than desirable for the upper middle and beyond class, is it not? It is still sexpected that a girl will finish high school and maybe even university and then get married first? That is more of a class thing, just as it is in the US, no? (not that it cannot happen now in any family! since there is much less shame in it

I think a girl who finishes high school still a virgin is a very rare case, in DR or anywhere else in the western world, at least, regardless of social class.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
well I was not actually talking about virginity but about pregnancy .. but then I was assuming that all girls know how to avoid pregnany which HERE certainly is not the case and may not be in the US either.. sadly..