Teleferico, POP, directions please?

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
If you are with Dominicans let them buy the tickets as gringo prices can apply.

No, please don't. If you are a tourist please pay the tourist price. The difference is only 100 pesos and this enables local schoolchildren to enjoy the facility. Thank you.

Lambada is right (as usual)! Sorry, I expressed myself badly. I am sure no visitor would begrudge paying 200 pesos which is a reasonable charge. I meant to write that if you are taking and paying for a group of locals (as I did on my first visit), be careful not to pay tourist prices for each of them as I nearly did.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
No, please don't. If you are a tourist please pay the tourist price. The difference is only 100 pesos and this enables local schoolchildren to enjoy the facility. Thank you.

Lambada I respect your thought, and it is such a nice thought, but it works the opposite away... It will teach the Dominicans that screw a gringo is ok, and this is the way to do business. This is why DR is and for a long time will be a poor country. It does not attract investors, business, tourists etc... it ****es them off.

Paying Gringo price...gringo fines. I do not think that the extra gringo fine that the cops charge finance better roads and crosswalks.

AND, btw, the extra money in this case does not benefit the children, it provides the managers of the facility with new rims for their fancy SUV.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Lambada I respect your thought, and it is such a nice thought, but it works the opposite away... It will teach the Dominicans that screw a gringo is ok, and this is the way to do business. This is why DR is and for a long time will be a poor country. It does not attract investors, business, tourists etc... it ****es them off.

Paying Gringo price...gringo fines. I do not think that the extra gringo fine that the cops charge finance better roads and crosswalks.

AND, btw, the extra money in this case does not benefit the children, it provides the managers of the facility with new rims for their fancy SUV.
Perhaps we should look at it as a discount for locals rather than as a surcharge for visitors.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
This topic has been debated at length, lets not re-hash it...or just agree to disagree.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I meant to write that if you are taking and paying for a group of locals (as I did on my first visit), be careful not to pay tourist prices for each of them as I nearly did.

Yes I absolutely agree with this.

If you care to send me proof of this I will make sure it is passed on to where it should go.