temporary employment

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
I want to hiire a tempory (2-3 months) employee for our house during some constrution. I was told I need a contract stating amount, hours, days. Pay bi weekly and provide health insurance. Does this sound correct ????

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I want to hiire a tempory (2-3 months) employee for our house during some constrution. I was told I need a contract stating amount, hours, days. Pay bi weekly and provide health insurance. Does this sound correct ????

Legally yes, you pay your share of taxes and they get Senasa for insurance (contributivo).

But…
If you spend a few xtra bucks and put the person under Onapi with a biz name, then proceed to create an individual responsibility EIRL, you can then do a contract with his(her) new biz and you don’t have to worry about employee taxes, termination fees, health insurance payment.
He(she) will issue you their RNC to make the contract legit, and you just pay the amount agreed as per contract.

One is cheaper, the other worry-free.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
There must be tenporary agencies in that area that will provide you with a person, and you pay them, they do all the taxes, health indurance...etc. we have used an agency in Jarabacoa for just that, temps. Agencia de empleo tempora