Thank you El Gorgon!

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
the buyer needs help from someone that knows cars ,and be very wary...my neighbor liked my Y20 LPI so he bought one , then 2 days ago he bumped a curb and scraped the paint.....under the beautiful new paint job was the color orange.....yes he bought a disguised taxi, but then he never asked for help looking...when a car that is a few years old new paint everywhere is bad sign...that model N20 is the car to buy and can be cheap........Doc.........

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
the buyer needs help from someone that knows cars ,and be very wary...my neighbor liked my Y20 LPI so he bought one , then 2 days ago he bumped a curb and scraped the paint.....under the beautiful new paint job was the color orange.....yes he bought a disguised taxi, but then he never asked for help looking...when a car that is a few years old new paint everywhere is bad sign...that model N20 is the car to buy and can be cheap........Doc.........

there are guys out there who are buying the lip spoilers, and the led lights, and the xenons, and the fancy rims by the container, and really putting lipsticks on pigs. there is a guy on Estrella Sadalha near to Autolandia that starts off with these absolute rats, and, by the time he is done they look like beauty contest winners. and, yes, the N20 is awesome for the money..

buyer beware..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
actually, some of the k5 taxis have one airbag. then again, you also have to worry about the guys from Moca who have the hot stamp which they use to stamp airbag into the dash. as i said, getting skinned can be easy..

That is so Dominican to come up with that "solution" to a problem.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
hahaha Windy...

If the AWD sticker goes missing from your car.....
be assured some 2WD car was just 'upgraded'

Smart guys check the VIN... like G does...and I do

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
hahaha Windy...

If the AWD sticker goes missing from your car.....
be assured some 2WD car was just 'upgraded'

Smart guys check the VIN... like G does...and I do

then we get under it and check for a transfer case...as you say, you could be paying AWD money for a front wheel drive..

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I noticed that there's a whole bunch of Hyundai Sonatas or N20s on the forecourt outside what used to be Favourito's supermarket in Sosua. Must have been a recent boatload from Seoul.

I'm guessing they must be good motors. Shame the people who drive them aren't good drivers.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I noticed that there's a whole bunch of Hyundai Sonatas or N20s on the forecourt outside what used to be Favourito's supermarket in Sosua. Must have been a recent boatload from Seoul.

I'm guessing they must be good motors. Shame the people who drive them aren't good drivers.

beeza, there is a guy in Santiago with an N20 taxi. it has half a million kilometers, and the motor has never been torn down. they are indestructible..

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
beeza, there is a guy in Santiago with an N20 taxi. it has half a million kilometers, and the motor has never been torn down. they are indestructible..

And they're as exciting as a tee-totalers cocktail party!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
And they're as exciting as a tee-totalers cocktail party!

yes...when you look in the dictionary for the definition of ''utilitarian'', there is a picture of the N20. come to think of it, a Camry is not exactly a Lotus Super Seven, either.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Is this location of the tank on a factory produced LP gas N20? Do they run only on LP gas or a combination of gasoline and LP gas?

hyundai-sonata-n20-D_NQ_NP_923294-MRD28079148532_092018-F.webp

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Is this location of the tank on a factory produced LP gas N20? Do they run only on LP gas or a combination of gasoline and LP gas?

hyundai-sonata-n20-D_NQ_NP_923294-MRD28079148532_092018-F.webp

lpg only...factory installed tank, and the ecm computer is mapped for lpg, not like the retrofits .