*** Thank You ***

tondra

Dec 12, 2002
www.professionalsintouch.com
I would also like to add my thanks!

If it were not for this board, I would have made my first visit to the DR as a typical American tourist and stayed in the AI and never ventured out. I also want to thank Bush Baby and Johnny Honda for taking the time out of their busy schedules to share their part of the DR with me, and especially Grahame who encouraged me to take a solo trip to Sosua.

I visit DR1 daily and continue to receive my education about the Dominican Republic. My only wish is that I could visit more often. I will never forget the face and words of thanks I received from a pharmacist in the barrio for the donated medical supplies I brought down. I did nothing but transport them. It was our city's nursing clinic who cares for our local indigent who donated the supplies. I would gladly do it again.

I appreciate ALL the information and advice given in these threads from people who live the Dominican life daily, even when it is "tough advice." I also want to thank all of you who use your free time and monitor the boards for the rest of us.

It is through all of you that I continue to keep receiving a piece of the DR while I am away.

Muchas gracias,

Tondra

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Thankyou DR1!
If it wasn't for this board I may never be living here. Even tho I was told not to come here to live.
And all the help I get here. Anytime I have a question about something I come here and always find help.
The friends I have made through this board I am very thankful for. If it wasn't for this board I would not have had the chance to meet alot of the great people I now have in my life.
Thanks DR1 for helping to enrich my life! Saludos!

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
If only, if only....

I had known about DR1 before my first trip, I wouldn't have spent all that time holed up at a nice hotel working up the courage to venture out among the populace.
Second trip, much, much better. Met Hillbilly and family, and Eddy and the "angels" and started posting regularly to this great website.
Third trip is this November (17th through Dec 2). Want to meet as many of you as I can. For the first time, I plan on spending time in Santo Domingo and surrounding area. Of course, I'll post more as the day draws nearer (I can't believe next week is 4th of July; seems like I just got all the Christmas decorations put away.)
I thought I would never get used to this new bulletin board. I really liked the old board a lot. A lot. But this is better. Extreme kudos to Robert and Dolores for this great site!
Viva La Republica Dominicana y viva Dr1!

St Louis Mike
midwestern rasta

lindalyn

Feb 15, 2003
WELL

I know its late and no one is on.......but I was lurking around like always and I am also thankful. Thank You!!!!!!! Mr. Robert and all the moderators!! excellent work! I enjoy this board ALOT!!!! ......so keep up the wonderful work! ;)

Amber

Jan 24, 2003
We owe YOU thanks, Robert and Dolores!

I have met some pretty amazing, intelligent and caring people here so I APPLAUD YOU in appreciation!
:cool:

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Robert,

For a Brit your not bad!

You are doing a great job with this site. I tip my cap to you sir.
I for one would have no problem paying a modest few for this outstanding service you provide.(That should get some people riled up!)
I also want to acknowledge some of the great people who post here who, even though I have not met many in person, I consider my friends.
Criss. The Smartest man on DR1.(not counting me of course!)
Anna. Who Knew?
Bugsy. The Hottest babe on DR1. Trust me I know!
Larry. Don't listen to the Bitches. Have fun.
Golo. My folically challenged Brother.
Jazz. What can I say?
Arenas. No. I won't introduce you to my niece.
And to all of the other misfits, outcasts, and idiots I forgot to mention.....Catch ya Next time.

I do want to give a special thanks to all of the "Sankie Searchers" and "Dark meat Lovers" that post on DR1 who give the rest of us such simple enjoyment.

Robert,
Next time I am in SD we will have a Drink!

Tony C

Tony Cabrera

Sep 24, 2002
Thans

Robert and Dolores, i never thoght that i could be posting on a open forums(even thought i only got about 91, lol). Any way thank you.

See yours in July!!!

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
Robert...

Thank you for allowing idiots and misfits like myself to post.

DR1 RULES!

-Jose?to
Dr1's resident evil and pariguayo extraordinaire, having a g.w. bush type of, and I quote, "epiphanity."

Last edited:

GypsyGRL

Apr 26, 2003
Thank you!

Thank you for your endless energy you put into this board. I wish I had found it before I came to the DR for my holiday. My trip in October will be much better!!

As for a fee, I would rather give money to you than the commission my travel agent received:mad: !! I have a fantastic trip planned for October to places where my she has never even heard of!:cool:

Thanks to everyone who posts, your honesty will always be appreciated.

Heather

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Family

I sometimes think I like the people on here more than
most of the people in my own family. Like my Dominican
family (my wife's) most of the people posting here seem
to be friendly. I only hope that I can join in during the
December reunion.

Thank You Robert,

Michael