The Americanized Dominican Republic

enrperez

Nov 2, 2011
Encontre esta pagina por casualidad y me quede impresionado por la calidad de las informaciones aqui expuestas, pero me llamo mucho la antencion el que todos en este foro comenten en ingles.

Alguien puediera decirme porque?

Gracias

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Encontre esta pagina por casualidad y me quede impresionado por la calidad de las informaciones aqui expuestas, pero me llamo mucho la antencion el que todos en este foro comenten en ingles.

Alguien puediera decirme porque?

Gracias
Bienvenido a DR1
La p?gina y el foro est?n en ingl?s porque dr1 est? dirigido a los extranjeros residentes en el pa?s, turistas y visitantes, adem?s de dominicanos angloparlantes.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
With two American invasions/takeovers and a million plus Dominicans living in the USA there is going to be a huge influence. I know many families that live for a couple of years in the States, then back and forth for years. Many prefer life in the DR, but $$$ in the USA. Many of my wife's family are dual citizens or have residency. Her father however fought against the Americans in the 1960's.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
In The DR,those who "Fought Against The Americans In The 60's"
are like those in the USA who were at "Woodstock"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Perhaps, but he was shot twice, and spent considerable time in the hospital.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
And Liverpudlians whose uncle used to be in the Beatles.

Colombianonrd

Oct 25, 2011
What about Texas, I was raised in Jersey and My huevos use to freeze in the winter, texas is prettier and not like the Roach motel of New jersey and New york.... I just dont know what the New York, Jersey and Boston appeal is I been to those places and I would never live there again it sucks.....

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Boston Sucks"?????????????????????????
Where were you,Jamaica Plain?
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
What about Texas, I was raised in Jersey and My huevos use to freeze in the winter, texas is prettier and not like the Roach motel of New jersey and New york.... I just dont know what the New York, Jersey and Boston appeal is I been to those places and I would never live there again it sucks.....

Texas is a very diverse State and it has a lot to offer. There's the Gulf shoreline, the Western desert (I-10 E of El Paso), mountains, rolling hills, flat fields, lakes and rivers and more. The only problem I see with Texas...it's full of Texans.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2CXr1ovFftg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2CXr1ovFftg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Many great American patriots,like President George Bush were/are from the "Lone Star State"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcc

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Many great American patriots,like President George Bush were/are from the "Lone Star State"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcc

Another favorite Son of Texas:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Pe9zw9iQK8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3Pe9zw9iQK8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011

~What part of Jersey were you raised in? Jersey has the most beautiful coast line and resort areas barr none IMO....but I guess I am prejudice being I was born and raised in Jersey on the Shore!!!;););)

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
~What part of Jersey were you raised in? Jersey has the most beautiful coast line and resort areas barr none IMO....but I guess I am prejudice being I was born and raised in Jersey on the Shore!!!;););)

...and the brownest water in the Atlantic.

Colombianonrd

Oct 25, 2011

I was raise in Passaic Nj, also live in newark for a year, lived in brookly for about a year also, hate cold weather, hate paralell parking all the time, you just dont see parallel parking in texas or florida tha much exept downtown. The only thing I missed was my colombian restaurant food and the beatiful latinas from DR, Colombia and other places..