The best club in Santo Domingo?!

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
It's hard to find, there are no signs to it. The site itself is part of a marina property, there are many boats on trailers or drydock by the entrance.

I can e-mail you a map, PM me.

Next party is on the 22nd, if you want, we can meet up before for some drinks at a bar and then you can follow us to the site.

Bonche.com

Nov 18, 2003
www.bonche.com
Thanks!

Hey! Thanks for mentioning our website! If you need any help on finding the right parties you can always mail us and we'll do our best to guide you.

trap11

May 5, 2004
bonche

bonche is not so good, they dont update information. for example today is friday i wanna know whats going on today in praia. and what? i get ****... all pictures about month ago, all information is old, and i suggest you to make an english area at your site. most people that treat the house music, nice life, beautiful people they are not dominicans and they definitely speak english :) i dont have anything against spanish language or dominicans, just it will make your site more proffesional. Make a fashion zone ... tell people about what collections were made.. where to buy. Probably contact some fashion stores and you can put there ads :) money for you, good for us :)

thank you so much for all your answers :)

goodluck!

JDub

Apr 7, 2003
Conchman said:
Are you doubting the fact that these DJ's played here? I can give you dates and locations.

Most of the time, these events are held at Guacara Taina (the cave) or at 'El Rio Isabela,' an outdoor venue near the Botanical Gardens.
Naw I believed, I just meant that finding underground hip hop parties was too good to be true.

Be easy trap11, this is the first time in awhile that Bonche hasn't been updated regulary. I know that they were down for a week or two and recently came back so I'm guessin that their having problems with the site. All those ideas you mentioned sound great, but maybe their target traffic aren't English speaking party goers. Plus it takes alot of time and money in order to have a site such as theirs in Enlgish and Spanish since it's updated on a daily basis(when working properly).

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Always up for something new..........

I am a event manager and party promoter in Europe. I am working on some events in Santo Domingo as well but must say that the person I worked with before wasnt that serious. Thats a shame because I invested enuogh to come over to the DR just to check out venues.

The person I am talking with now seems more serious but that doesnt mean that it will work out.

If there are any club owners or party promoters that are interested in cooperation then I am very open for things.

The music style I represent is vocal, funky house and latin inspired deeper house. Just think labels like Hed Kandi, Bardelune, Defected,Soulfuric and so on. Its no problem to get the top class concepts and djs to the island.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Joe_Nasty

May 30, 2004
Looking for Bookings

Hey all--

I need some help and thought maybe some of you can point me in the right direction.

I'm an established DJ here in Portland, OR. I'm coming down there to visit my sister from June 10-20. I'm planning on bringing some vinyl down with me because after missing a chance to play on the beach in Cabarete on my last trip there, I swore I'd never travel without my records again. I'd like to set up some bookings in Santo Domingo, Santiago, or Cabarete so I can get a chance to rock a party in another country for the first time.

Like I said, I'm well established, having shared stages with Angel Alanis, Donald Glaude, DJ Irene, DJ Icey, Sharaz, Charles Feelgood, MJ Cole, Skylab 2000, Mars, Mystere, Simply Jeff, Uberzone, Space Girl, Keoki, DJ Mea, among others. I focus mainly on breakbeat, with a good dose of hip-hop thrown in for good measure, and think I could work with any crowd, from an underground event to a posh club.

If anyone can, point me to some clubs to contact in any of the above mentioned areas. I've looked over Bonce.com and Bufeo.com, but as my spanish reading comprehension is at an all time low, they really don't do me any good.

Thanks and hope to see you on the dancefloor.

Mark1

Mar 17, 2004
hmmm I'd like to see DR as the new Ibiza of the Caribbean one day (great business )....hmmm I hear they don't let people get away easily with drugs issues.... ok FORGEtABOUTIT :cool:

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
Corruption rules!

Well, Mark1: As long as the club owners, the drug barons and the police play together i see a lot of opportunaties. :bandit: :bandit: :bandit:

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Werner said:
Well, Mark1: As long as the club owners, the drug barons and the police play together i see a lot of opportunaties. :bandit: :bandit: :bandit:

Look man, even though Dominican people usually turn the other way if something sneaky is going on in the clubs (bad habit) don't come on here promoting this BS.......I know that they do dirt all the time but it's pretty jacked up to see someone go there and just tear up the place and leave only to come back and do the same thing and by you putting this on the forum, it gives that impression.

Mark1

Mar 17, 2004
Jon S. said:
Look man, even though Dominican people usually turn the other way if something sneaky is going on in the clubs (bad habit) don't come on here promoting this BS.......I know that they do dirt all the time but it's pretty jacked up to see someone go there and just tear up the place and leave only to come back and do the same thing and by you putting this on the forum, it gives that impression.

Hey Jon we were just kidding :laugh:
Let's get back to the thread's topic before Robert closes the party ;)

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
DJs en Santo Domingo

Might want to call these places in Santo Domingo, they always have Int'l DJs.

- Taboo Bambo: 221-2727 ask for Enrique (the owner)
- Praia 540-8753 Http://www.praia.com.do
- Abacus 333-7272
- Guacara Taina (The Cave) 533-0671

You will find all these bars advertizing in www.uepa.com

Joe_Nasty said:
Hey all--

I need some help and thought maybe some of you can point me in the right direction.

I'm an established DJ here in Portland, OR. I'm coming down there to visit my sister from June 10-20. I'm planning on bringing some vinyl down with me because after missing a chance to play on the beach in Cabarete on my last trip there, I swore I'd never travel without my records again. I'd like to set up some bookings in Santo Domingo, Santiago, or Cabarete so I can get a chance to rock a party in another country for the first time.

Like I said, I'm well established, having shared stages with Angel Alanis, Donald Glaude, DJ Irene, DJ Icey, Sharaz, Charles Feelgood, MJ Cole, Skylab 2000, Mars, Mystere, Simply Jeff, Uberzone, Space Girl, Keoki, DJ Mea, among others. I focus mainly on breakbeat, with a good dose of hip-hop thrown in for good measure, and think I could work with any crowd, from an underground event to a posh club.

If anyone can, point me to some clubs to contact in any of the above mentioned areas. I've looked over Bonce.com and Bufeo.com, but as my spanish reading comprehension is at an all time low, they really don't do me any good.

Thanks and hope to see you on the dancefloor.

Last edited:

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
DJs At the Cave!

For all of you music lovers I found this!

DJ Steve Lawler + Miguel Paul Vargas on Wednesday the 9th
At the Cave (Guacara Taina)
Price RD$ 800 (pv) y 1100 (pv)
(pv) means Pre-venta, if you buy them in advance at these places:
CELCO 542-0777, CHAT ROOM 412-7369 , XONA RECORDS, ACCESSORI(plaza la lira) ABACUS 333-7271, Uepa 620-1043

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
First of all, it was just a joke. Chear up.

However, I have been robbed twice in the DR. And guess what? Twice by cops. The first time was in SD and I cant really call it robbed. I got a "friendly" offer that "I coudnt refuse" in the eyes of the officer and since he wanted only US $ 25 I coundt really care less. Take the 25, and live with yourself being a a*sh*le.

The other time however I was set up with buying drugs. I never did buy but they placed it on me in a tricky way. They wanted US $ 8000. Since I am not really easy to fool I took them back in a good way and leaved them with US $ 100.

So, sorry to say but I found out in only two weeks in Sosua who are the players in town. Knowing that and being a regular in Ibiza I know for sure that there are very good opportunaties for running a big club and getting away with more then usual. In a country were money talks lot of things are possible. Just face it. Its not about giving a impression but facing reality.

By the way, I met enough people honest enough. Dont worry, I still left the island with a good feeling and love to come back as well.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
juanita said:
Might want to call these places in Santo Domingo, they always have Int'l DJs.

- Taboo Bambo: 221-2727 ask for Enrique (the owner)
- Praia 540-8753 Http://www.praia.com.do
- Abacus 333-7272
- Guacara Taina (The Cave) 533-0671

You will find all these bars advertizing in www.uepa.com

Hey, where (street and/or area) is Taboo Bambo and Praia? What music do they normally play when there is no international DJ spinning?

Oh, Lawler at the cave (june 9th) is going to be awesome, the perfect venue for his music IMO.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Conchman said:
Hey, where (street and/or area) is Taboo Bambo and Praia? What music do they normally play when there is no international DJ spinning?

Oh, Lawler at the cave (june 9th) is going to be awesome, the perfect venue for his music IMO.

Taboo Bamboo: Roberto Pastoriza #313 (Between Lopez de Vega and Tiradentes)
Praia: Lopez de Vega #74 (corner of Gustavo Mejia Ricart)

What type of music? I only go when they have the DJs! :dead:

Bonche.com

Nov 18, 2003
www.bonche.com
Thanks for the comments. We are working on some new areas that will enhance the overall appeal of the site. All the latter additions made to the format have made it somewhat difficult to navigate, we are working on refining the design. For the moment an english-based portion of the site is not on our agenda but we will keep it in mind since this is not the first time it has been suggested.

As for the site itself... the lack of information is because Bonche.com doesn't work like other websites. True our pictures can sometimes be from parties 2 weeks old and true we don't work with every bar. This is because we work by invitation or booking. Meaning we don't show-up at a party or advertise all events, there are certain requirements for us to publish and photograph an event, so we will only publish those events which are willing to work with us.

Believe it or not, actually promoting an event and not being there has been a major cause of complaints from our users.

Again, thanks for the comments... we appreciate all the help we can get.

As for the bars... Have you tried LOFT?

Last edited: