The future of Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
have you not heard, its going to be a cultural and financial think tank district
I thought the town was all about family vacations and Ahnvee was all about sports and the active vacation lifestyle. Hard to keep track.

Reactions: jd426

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Will Sosua rise to whoredom status again? Who really cares? Just the sex tourist.
I was curious about where they are attempting to widen the road to 4 lanes as was the original plan from Puerto Plata all the way to Nagua.
A plan that is hard to accomplish in the three sections of Sosua let alone through Cabarete Center.

And someone brings up the spandexed porcine panderers of the pavement in Sosua for which some are pining.

Sep 22, 2009
I was curious about where they are attempting to widen the road to 4 lanes as was the original plan from Puerto Plata all the way to Nagua.
A plan that is hard to accomplish in the three sections of Sosua let alone through Cabarete Center.

And someone brings up the spandexed porcine panderers of the pavement in Sosua for which some are pining.
Knowing the roads well, no idea how from Cabrera to Nagua this will be accomplished. There's literally no room for "most" of that stretch. @william webster ? Big Willy?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The new pavement Cabrera-Nagua is quite wide... not 4 lanes
but does allow the unique Dominican 3 abreast w/ a moto on each shoulder

The DR equivalent of a 5 lane road

Now explain me why the toll road a wide 2 lane - not 4

This 4 lane concept includes a Cabarete - Gasping H - Playa Grande - Cabrera- Payita
bypass road - up on the hill
That would reunite Playa Grande's 2400A .... not split by #5 any more
Something they might 'appreciate'

habi

Oct 17, 2015

From where you got the 4 lanes from Puerto Plata to Nagua ? Never did hear or read anything about that...
4 Lanes from Puerto Plata to Navarete yes but... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
From where you got the 4 lanes from Puerto Plata to Nagua ? Never did hear or read anything about that...
4 Lanes from Puerto Plata to Navarete yes but... 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
It was indeed mentioned by the government that the road from Puerto Plata to Nagua was going to be 4 lanes, impossible as that seems.

Trying to find that detail in past DR1 posts might be possible for those so inclined.

habi

Oct 17, 2015
It was indeed mentioned by the government that the road from Puerto Plata to Nagua was going to be 4 lanes, impossible as that seems.

Trying to find that detail in past DR1 posts might be possible for those so inclined.

Never mind, if you say so...
Anyway, 4 lanes to Nagua for what? Soon you pass Cabarete or latest after the crossroad in Sabaneta there is not a lot of traffic going on. Sure not enough to justify 4 lanes...
Just my 2 Pesos... :geek:

Reactions: JD Jones

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Never mind, if you say so...
Anyway, 4 lanes to Nagua for what? Soon you pass Cabarete or latest after the crossroad in Sabaneta there is not a lot of traffic going on. Sure not enough to justify 4 lanes...
Just my 2 Pesos... :geek:

Future traffic. It would make POP airport accessible for more development East of Cab.

Reactions: windeguy

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I always found pub trivia to be quite entertaining. Bingo not so much. B-4....or after.
I find talking to expats quite entertaining and I don`t have to always pay attention. My bingo game sucks because if you miss your number, they won`t call it again.

habi

Oct 17, 2015
Yes! Let's see what he is up to.....;)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
With all of the interest Sosua generates on this forum and the love given to Willy over the former mayor, nobody knows what he said yesterday?

Was it about cruise ships and family tourism?

Status
Not open for further replies.