The future of Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Shirley you can't be serious? I believe you when you say you're not familiar with Sosua.

We actually had upscale once. A place called Passions. Ok ok, upscale for Sosua. At least that's what I heard.
true. I was there twice to visit a guy from DR1 that no longer is a member. I know Diddley about that place other than what I read here. BTW it doesn't sound like I'm going anytime soon. Just add my post to the pile of the useless ideas for "the future of Sosua".

jd_mine

Sep 24, 2003
And now Sosuanews is reporting EL Chamo got pressured by high ranking politicians to not reveal big plans/announcement and that is why he mostly talked about murals, a Sosua sign at the entrance and getting the streets cleaned/installing street lights:).
It's actually a good excuse for Willy: I had big plans, but they won't let me!

Reactions: JD Jones and ctrob

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
On the other hand: Another direction might be making it a cleaned up version of prostitution like licensed houses in Nevada. Since it has a built -in rep for a sex destination, clean it up, lux accommodations and health certifications on the ladies. Up scale bars, restaurants, and shops. Sure, the pols want a piece. Let the best man win, the pol that gets it done. Is there a spot for a new golf course ? (I'm not familiar with Sosua). If Trump loses in Nov. ( I doubt it but) he might do this deal.🤷‍♂️
At one time the owner of Sea Horse Ranch had a plan to build a golf course across from that development. But he passed on before that even started.

As for the style and quantity of personal entertainment in Sosua, I am sure that will remain as lively a topic as ever, eventually.

Big plans not discussed 'cause they were too big? Funny stuff.

Reactions: ctrob

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
He went on a lot about the new mural paintings, which are supposed to make Sosua attractive for visitors, and about the cleanup of the streets he had initiated.

No, the murals won't bring in tourists however I do think that they look great.. Here are just a few.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1c0c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1c0c.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 232
  • fullsizeoutput_1c07.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1c07.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 145
  • dGcDvOLITsGvxGFfVvXcGw.jpg
    dGcDvOLITsGvxGFfVvXcGw.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 146

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
Gutted how?
Do you need me to draw you a picture? Last year 2019,was a very bad year,with the bar closings,now in 2020 with CV 19,the city is being hit hard/gutted.Perhaps,you should walk the streets of sosua,lots of business closed,few tourists,even before CV19? Willy has his work to do,the big question will the new president let him do it?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
No, the murals won't bring in tourists however I do think that they look great.. Here are just a few.

I might be the only person that doesn't like them. I lean very "conservative" when it comes to paint on buildings.

Did they get permission to paint on other peoples buildings?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Do you need me to draw you a picture? Last year 2019,was a very bad year,with the bar closings,now in 2020 with CV 19,the city is being hit hard/gutted.Perhaps,you should walk the streets of sosua,lots of business closed,few tourists,even before CV19? Willy has his work to do,the big question will the new president let him do it?

Ok, so you think willy is going to Make Sosua Great Again? Don't hold your breath. Willy will most likely follow the gov't's Master Plan, and that ain't Chicas. If he doesn't, I expect they'll straighten him out quickly.

And Ilana did not "gut" Sosua by her lonesome self. She was 100% on board, but she was not the Lone Ranger on that. Things change and evolve, it happens. Sometimes for the better.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I might be the only person that doesn't like them. I lean very "conservative" when it comes to paint on buildings.

Did they get permission to paint on other peoples buildings?

No clue but since it was from what I've heard a Willy inspired idea I'm sure it wouldn't have been difficult for the new mayor to get permission.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
It would be nice to hear from some of the community who actually reside in the area in regards to how life carried on through the shutdowns, exists now, and the environment of the town without all of the street types.

Reactions: CristoRey

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
20 years i have lived in Jarabacoa,20 years ago you were still,learning to shave.Back off.

You do not know how WRONG you are ....

most of us here are well over 50, many 60, and quite a few 70's with a world of Life Experiences .
you are barking up the wrong tree ...

give it a rest ..

Reactions: ctrob

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Sosua is again showing signs of life. I went to the beach, probably 35% of the places either open or preparing to open. No signs of life in the others. Sat on the beach, had a few cold ones and went in and enjoyed the nice therapeutic water. I then ate some schnitel at Wolfgangs sitting outside like a free man. Even had a few, less than gorgeous locals pass by and offer to give me a "tune up" (I passed).
Life is getting back to normal, let's hope it stays that way.

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
You do not know how WRONG you are ....

most of us here are well over 50, many 60, and quite a few 70's with a world of Life Experiences .
you are barking up the wrong tree ...

give it a rest ..
well,being a sex tourist,was never my thing,guess its yours.Tell me what intrests beyond the sex tourist life style do you have? Not many right?

Bundel2014

Feb 11, 2017
It would be nice to hear from some of the community who actually reside in the area in regards to how life carried on through the shutdowns, exists now, and the environment of the town without all of the street types.
Without the sex tourist,dead i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.