The future of Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Some high end hotels have their own high end girls on site that have been thoroughly vetted.

Access to the lobbies and restaurants is sometimes allowed for real guests, but to elevators and rooms is controlled.

Businessmen that have their favorite "sophisticated company" with them have registered her at the hotel.
Private hotel.
No shirt, no shoes (no mask, no lot lizards) no service.

Reactions: Caonabo and cavok

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
When I was courting my last matrimonial prospect, she would bus in from La Romana and I would put her up at the Catalonia where she got a discount because she worked for them.
She's a very religious girl who always came with a chaperon.
I would accompany her when she checked in and register my CC for the room charges.
Even though I was paying, the staff would not let me go up with them to even look at the room when they first checked in.

Reactions: cavok

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I think long money is strong money in Sosua. As has been mentioned, the North Coast in general (and Sosua in particular) are simply too good a deal to pass up. It's a fabulous beach/bay ten minutes away from the airport.

Money has taken notice, and over the next decade, I think there will be a significant boost to the area. The red light districts will be moved back away from the beach, and hopefully, some more meaningful development will come into the area.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I was having drinks at Infinity Blue pool with friends last year watching those rocks
being dumped into the water by heavy lifters. We assumed they were constructing a docking area.

Source:
Sosua-News

The company Valetta Holding SRL has built a rock groyne off the coast of Sosúa near the renovated Marriott hotel.
This groyne has now ensured that a new beach has been created there. The intention is that the groyne will function
as a breakwater and influence the wave current, which will prevent the coral reefs from being flooded by the swept sand
during storms. According to the ecologist Gabriela Rosa of the Maguá Ecological Foundation, the resulting lagoon will
stimulate coral growth and provide a breeding ground for young fish and invertebrates. The newly created beach is also
very attractive for the guests of the Marriott hotel. The renovated Marriott hotel is an enrichment for Sosúa and, thanks to
a professional marketing strategy, should attract many guests to Sosúa. Marriott International plans to open two more hotels
in Sosúa and Cabarete in the coming year.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
If you are content with walking into the JW Marriott in Santo Domingo with a street urchin in tow, and they allow it, it is your life to live.
not a very nice accusation to insinuate that I associate with a "street urchin". Like ALL upscale hotels on the island , especially in Sosua are chica friendly . Proper attire and behavior is however mandated.
I will forgive you for your insult

Big

Apr 24, 2019
When did ALL hotels allow guests? There are definitely contradictory reports in this thread at the moment about not all hotels allowing guests.
Well as a frequent flyer to business accommodations on the island I am at a loss as to why you think this practice is anything other than normal. Unless all the eye candy walking around the pools, restaurants bars etc are spouses and daughters.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Well as a frequent flyer to business accommodations on the island I am at a loss as to why you think this practice is anything other than normal. Unless all the eye candy walking around the pools, restaurants bars etc are spouses and daughters.
Oh. Now your a business man who is frequent flyer ..man Your story changes with time..why would any business man come to chase sewer rats in Sosua when the game is 10x better in SD ..guess you like slumming it...

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
not a very nice accusation to insinuate that I associate with a "street urchin". Like ALL upscale hotels on the island , especially in Sosua are chica friendly . Proper attire and behavior is however mandated.
I will forgive you for your insult

No insult was intended. What was intended was to stress the point that you are an adult, and can live your life as you so see fit.
If the respective hotel/establishment has no problem with your lifestyle, nobody else should either.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Oh. Now your a business man who is frequent flyer ..man Your story changes with time..why would any business man come to chase sewer rats in Sosua when the game is 10x better in SD ..guess you like slumming it...
my story has never ever changed, I visit Sosua (and Santo Domingo) regularly. I never have apologized for visiting Sosua. My only befuddlement is why would ANY person have and raise a family in that town unless you are a business owner( you are not). My employment is a considerably distance outside of both locations in an area you have no doubt ever heard of. With so many options for/to raise/have a family why any one would choose Sosua is unk to me

Sep 22, 2009
Sosua is a fairly nice town. If you don't like the scene on PC - don't go there.
I would say Sosua as expats know it, meaning the Clisante zone is a bit worn down. A few decent eats remain. The glam of Sosua was a seedy underbelly of whores drugs, international pervs with tats, many wanted by Interpol and the FBI. And late nite disco. This changed starting 10 years back. Countless sketchy folk went to jail and some were killed or went missing. Outside of the Clisante zone, the barrios of Sosua where locals reside, is not nice or even "fairly nice" if you envisioned Madison NJ. A thousand puntos with active DNCD and tigueres who will put a screwdriver to your liver for 500 pesitos. Maybe Playa Alicia was a decent spot. Maybe you can still get a decent meal somewhere. Some are gated in over at CL getting scammed out of 100s of thousands of dollars. Some choose Mulata and have succumbed to coked up ladrones looking for their next 500 bag.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Poor old Sosua...
Still getting hammered.
Sure seems like a friend would not be hiding from the family.
And for sure no local would have returned a wallet with that much cash and credit cards and for sure if a wallet fell out of board shorts (very unlikely) then the body would have appeared too.
Probably got mixed up with some people who were trying to shake him down and he got drugged. Too bad he didn't run into a local gringo when asking for help.
I would not let a paranoid person who literally feared for his life stay on the street without going for a drink to calm down.
As one who in my salad days had a couple paranoid induced moments , a little booze can kind of bring you down.
As for his friend Matt - he's a loser

Sep 22, 2009
Sure seems like a friend would not be hiding from the family.
And for sure no local would have returned a wallet with that much cash and credit cards and for sure if a wallet fell out of board shorts (very unlikely) then the body would have appeared too.
Probably got mixed up with some people who were trying to shake him down and he got drugged. Too bad he didn't run into a local gringo when asking for help.
I would not let a paranoid person who literally feared for his life stay on the street without going for a drink to calm down.
As one who in my salad days had a couple paranoid induced moments , a little booze can kind of bring you down.
As for his friend Matt - he's a loser
Remember they hired Bo Deitl. Poor Darryl is an example of folks that come here and really have no clue. Their downfall is they think they're more tiguere than the tiguere.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Remember they hired Bo Deitl. Poor Darryl is an example of folks that come here and really have no clue. Their downfall is they think they're more tiguere than the tiguere.
Yes and they think they are the first to have discovered the 'secrets' of the DR.
I saw the same thing when I lived in Costa Rica, tourists came in and were all jacked up on something they thought they had discovered, when we locals knew all about it.
Best always to keep a low profile and don't mess with street walkers, who exist only to con you in one way or another

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Yes and they think they are the first to have discovered the 'secrets' of the DR.
I saw the same thing when I lived in Costa Rica, tourists came in and were all jacked up on something they thought they had discovered, when we locals knew all about it.
Best always to keep a low profile and don't mess with street walkers, who exist only to con you in one way or another
Good advice

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I would say Sosua as expats know it, meaning the Clisante zone is a bit worn down. A few decent eats remain. The glam of Sosua was a seedy underbelly of whores drugs, international pervs with tats, many wanted by Interpol and the FBI. And late nite disco. This changed starting 10 years back. Countless sketchy folk went to jail and some were killed or went missing. Outside of the Clisante zone, the barrios of Sosua where locals reside, is not nice or even "fairly nice" if you envisioned Madison NJ. A thousand puntos with active DNCD and tigueres who will put a screwdriver to your liver for 500 pesitos. Maybe Playa Alicia was a decent spot. Maybe you can still get a decent meal somewhere. Some are gated in over at CL getting scammed out of 100s of thousands of dollars. Some choose Mulata and have succumbed to coked up ladrones looking for their next 500 bag.
Yes it was the Wild West 10-15 yrs ago ..Sosua was always what u made off it ..ask 10 different people and I’m sure each will say different reasons why they lov it here...there is quite a bit a rift raft left here or should I say stuck here ,Interpol has done a bang up job picking off most undesirables ..the old generation of flip flop chaser Had class And so did the girls..the new generation is pretty sad and entitled.. 3/4 of the girls I wouldn’t consider dating let alone paying ..

Status
Not open for further replies.