The government doesn't know where to get US$200 million

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
i was right........according to today's DR1 news ..........CONEP has a plan to fix the broken electric system, it calls for an energy sector watchdog person/committee/group?.............they will need 5 jeepetas.............

PlantaFULL

Oct 21, 2004
Every month we have to contact Edesur and request a copy of the bill as we don't receive the original.

Edesur also sends bills via email, just need to request it. Word Doc with the bill you can print out & pay at closest farmacia.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i was right........according to today's DR1 news ..........CONEP has a plan to fix the broken electric system, it calls for an energy sector watchdog person/committee/group?.............they will need 5 jeepetas.............

just 5 jeepetas doesn't sound like a group, more like only one official person. 1 for him, one for the wifey, one for his chick, number 4 with a driver to bring his kids to school and the 5th as a spare jeepeta to look good parked in front of the door.
Mike

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Where I live there is a 24 hour circuit and we are having a few blackouts (average 30 minutes to 2 hours) but nothing like the news is reporting.

Also in the Santiago Free Zone the power seems better than ever.

I suspect that the government is basically just not providing lights to non-paying areas, and if that's true, then I applaud them. I have been paying the power bill for deadbeats ever since I have been in this country and it gives me great joy to finally see them without power.

"Milk for the kids and bla bla bla," what business do people have making babies when they cant even afford electricity?

Well i assure you you have not been paying my electric bill!! And for you to be only having 30 minute blackouts means you are very lucky, but does not mean everyone else is not experiencing them.

I totally agree that none payers should be targeted, but this is hardly an effective way of doing it, by punishing the people who do pay there bills, on time every month! People who have businesses to run!

:angry:

track

Sep 6, 2008
Looks like the floating generator arrived today in Puerto Plata. It will take a group of 100 engineers, 200 manager, 300 supervisor, .... to connect it to the grid. This will take 30 to 60 days!

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
And it won't help...

Looks like the floating generator arrived today in Puerto Plata. It will take a group of 100 engineers, 200 manager, 300 supervisor, .... to connect it to the grid. This will take 30 to 60 days!

...because you still have to buy fuel! If the government doesn't pay who is going to buy the fuel to run the plant?