The Great Debate

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
If you’re so inclined…… there are a couple of ladies who make the yuca dough discs fresh daily, and sell them mornings on the corners outside the Mercado in San Cristobal.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's where my Pedidosya places get their discs.

The ones I get are a lighter color, not the half-dark orange ones you see on most carts.

There used to be a young guy selling yuca empanadas in front of JUMBO Luperon, and I NEVER saw him with a line of
less than 10 persons. And, they were cheap.

Of course, the govt. shut him down.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Take a knife and cut it in half in the middle and then move out from there. Once you get to the end bits with no filling you stop eating.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Absolutely, NanSP.

However, SOMEONE will undoubtably write that they detest empanadas and/or empanadillas.
But I'll have it every day of the week and twice on Saturdays.
Who might do that?

My only complaint is that so many of them sold are actually "EmptyNadas".

I had great emanados on Margarita Island. Never had one in the DR come close to those.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Who might do that?

My only complaint is that so many of them sold are actually "EmptyNadas".

I had great emanados on Margarita Island. Never had one in the DR come close to those.
When I was in Puerto Rico they had two types of empanadas; one was filled, and the other was a half circle with a heaping tablespoon of filler in the center and the rest was flat. They came out of the fryer a little on the wet side.
The DR ones are almost always the ones that look baked and have what appears to be a light coating of flour, and are quite dry.
I don't see the filled ones very often here.