"The Interview" to be shown New Years Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I am going to call the bat phone at the US embassy and report all of you to Uncle Sam for breaking America's laws down here.
I"M TELLING!

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
I made a simple factual friendly point, take it with less than a grain of salt for all I care, but why attack the messenger?

I have no axe, so nothing to grind and I have no agenda hidden or otherwise.

A friendly point is made when you make a statement back off and see how it's received. But when one harps on a subject the luster fades. and then it's perceived as an attack. So the responses will be to defend......Joke over.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Even if it is a bad movie, I certainly would not be advertiste its public screening, it very easily could be copyright infrigement, even where we are, if you do not the think local enforcment would not love to make a case against an expat, well u would be wrong!

just saying

g'luck

They don't usually care about these things. Some officers don't even know this is illegal . Unless there's an "operativo", with orders from the top, specifically targeting these activities, I doubt any law enforcement would act up on this.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
The controversial movie about the fictcious death of the North Korean leader, The Interview, will be shown New Years Day at 7:30pm at Rockys in Sos?a.

An update from the FAZ newspaper Germany Quote:
"Attack on Sony
Are the hackers not from North Korea?
It was great Policy: North Korea is said to have hacked Sony to prevent the publication of the critical film "The Interview". But security experts now have a very different proposition.

Perhaps "The Interview" was not yet the cause of the computer attack.
It was a great political impetus, Nort Korea supposedly hacked the film servers from Sony and five partly unreleased films had posted online. Soon the American investigative authorities blamed North Korea for the Hack: The country is said to have attacked Sony, to prevent the publication of north korea-critical satire "The Interview".

Patrick Bernau
Author: Patrick Bernau, born in 1981, the editor in charge of Economics Online.
Follow:
Sony decided not to show the film - and took prompt criticism of President Barack Obama . Which was then insulted by North Korea as a "monkey in the jungle". At the end of Sony showed the film yet, and America was proud that it is not allowed to censor.

The software came from hacker black market
But perhaps North Korea has nothing to do with the attack on Sony. Or at least, so find more and more experts in IT security. The first was the security chief of the great Defcon hacker conference, Marc Rogers, who expressed doubts about the thesis a few days ago.

Now also questioned the Norwegian security company Norse it. In a blog post Norse is a very different proposition: For the attack itself pirates could with former Sony employees who were laid off in May, have joined forces.

More about
* Alleged Playstation hacker calls his reasons
* Comment: hackers are not the real threat on the Internet
The rapid blame by the American authorities have made the security community suspicious, said Norse Manager Kurt Stammberger the Bloomberg news agency. "It is difficult to find those responsible so fast - that has rarely accomplished this." All tracks that have followed in the direction of North Korea his company would have led to dead ends.

Also, the security company Trend Micro doubts the North Korea-thesis. The software that was used can be bought on the black market hackers. Great technical skills are needed to do that.

This would make Sony's movie hack in a row with the attack on the network features of Sony's Playstation at the Christmas holidays. You could be the work of a young hacker group called "Lizard Squad". A young man has known after Christmas on the attack.

A spokeswoman for the American criminal authority FBI, however, defended the North Korea-thesis. There is no credible information to other culprit" End quote

Go to Homepage
Source: FAZ.NET
Kommen die Sony-Hacker doch nicht aus Nordkorea?

The North Korean butterball boy despot needs to be embarrassed and to be exposed.
Nevertheless he is dangerous.
The US film lobby is in a league of it's own, for those in the know it's actions and international political pressures are we'll documented as well as US government policies.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
I know where the f i am, been fn here for 15 years...........

Rockys is now owned by a dominican national?

so, where we're at now gives license to partake in ilegal activity, well maybe, more license if your a dominican national and or an expat handing out bribes or tightly connected to at least semi-powerful or connected dominicans.

ignorance to the law does not make one innocent regardless where one is.

and not like I care what they do at rockys, they can have sex workers on and under every table I
was simply pointing out a fact that maybe somebody did not think about, if they do not care is
another story.

it was a friendly notice

viewing the film has to be paid for...rockys pays...bingo end of statement

Jan 9, 2004
You'll get a recorded message that states only emergency issues are addressed and all others go f**k yourselves! They don't even have a resident FBI agent at the U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo...tried to get finger printed there and was told had to go back to the States to have them done! What a poor excuse for an Embassy.

There is a resident agent in the office of the legal attach? at the embassy....but I very much doubt that fingerprinting is on the list of duties....far more important matters to attend to here and in Haiti.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You'll get a recorded message that states only emergency issues are addressed and all others go f**k yourselves! They don't even have a resident FBI agent at the U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo...tried to get finger printed there and was told had to go back to the States to have them done! What a poor excuse for an Embassy.

American tax payer dollars hard at work.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Rick is showing a movie for the enjoyment of his friends...........
Why don't we just leave it at that............

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
I recommend you go watch the movie and have a few drinks, after all it might be your last new years day.

see how I did that? I linked the post with the potential nuclear strike. Kudos to me. Happy new year guys

Status
Not open for further replies.