The Last Bank Without The ATM Fee

Feb 7, 2007
I suggest we can make a new thread, sticky, for ATMs with no LOCAL SURCHARGE, by City, and Bank, and new ATMs would be added/removed in copy-paste-in-reply fashion

That way, when visiting other city in the DR, we can know immediately to which ATMs to go

AndyGriffith

Mar 11, 2010
I suggest we can make a new thread, sticky, for ATMs with no LOCAL SURCHARGE, by City, and Bank, and new ATMs would be added/removed in copy-paste-in-reply fashion

That way, when visiting other city in the DR, we can know immediately to which ATMs to go

That's a great idea-I will keep updating the ATM's I find without the surcharge-fee in the SD area.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
For those that use a Schwab card, what bank ATM'S have you used that Schwab reimburses the ATM fees every month?

Schwab reimburses ALL ATM fees. Regardless of where in the world you withdraw money. I typically am reimbursed between 40 and 50 dollars per month!! I can't imagine using any other bank.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Schwab reimburses ALL ATM fees. Regardless of where in the world you withdraw money. I typically am reimbursed between 40 and 50 dollars per month!! I can't imagine using any other bank.

I tried to set up an account with Schwab from here in the DR. It was impossible based upon their requirements.
I have set up accounts with other US banks while living here, but Schwab doesn't seem possible.

AndyGriffith

Mar 11, 2010

That is impressive alright. I guess I have been saving Schwab thousands of dollars in atm fees over the years by using atms that do not charge the fee. I gather that has allowed them to continue this program to cover the unlimited atm fees, but it does state in the disclaimer that they can discontinue the program at any time at their discretion. It never made sense for me to use that benefit at Schwab when I know of atms that do not charge the fee, but it is nice to have as an option just in case all other options were exhausted.

Feb 7, 2007
Fidelity also allows to open account online, from the DR, and you are also reimbursed for ATM fees.

Question: Does the ATM fee come as a separate transaction, or is it added on top of withdrawal money? E.g. you withdraw 10.000 pesos... are there two ATM transactions, 10.000 and 120 pesos, or just one 10.120 pesos transaction?

Jenny429

Oct 10, 2005
I don't quite understand your question Rubio.. If I'm reading my fidelity statement correctly.. It looks like one withdrawal. then a day later I get a deposit back into my account for the fees that were charged. Up at the top it has a running balance of the "Rebates or fees" they've paid me back..

Not sure if that answers your question.
Jennifer

I forgot who told us about the fidelity accounts, but I can't thank you enough.. I love it.. I was getting charged back at home for my account. Now nothing! Love it!