The most corrupted countries of Latin America

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
I was reading an article about the most corrupted countries in Latin America. I was surprise to find out that Dominican Republic was not number one. Haiti, Venezuela and Ecuador are the most corrupted countries in Latin America. Dominican Republic is on the bottom of the list with a low score, but not the last one the list.

Chile, Uruguay and Puerto Rico scored high so they are the less corrupted counties of Latin America.

The top countries with less corruption for the whole North American Continent are Canada, United States, Santa Lucia and Barbados.

According to the article the lower the score the higher the corruption and the higher the score the less corruption.

What do you think? Do you think DR received a fair rating?

Why do you think Canada was rated better than United States?

Is it because in fact there is less corruption in Canada?

Here is the link?the article is in Spanish.

Los Paises Mas Corruptos de Latina America

htt://puertoplatanews.com/

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
I was reading an article about the most corrupted countries in Latin America. I was surprise to find out that Dominican Republic was not number one. Haiti, Venezuela and Ecuador are the most corrupted countries in Latin America. Dominican Republic is on the bottom of the list with a low score, but not the last one the list.

Chile, Uruguay and Puerto Rico scored high so they are the less corrupted counties of Latin America.

The top countries with less corruption for the whole North American Continent are Canada, United States, Santa Lucia and Barbados.

According to the article the lower the score the higher the corruption and the higher the score the less corruption.

What do you think? Do you think DR received a fair rating?

Why do you think Canada was rated better than United States?

Is it because in fact there is less corruption in Canada?

Here is the link…the article is in Spanish.

Los Paises Mas Corruptos de Latina America

htt://puertoplatanews.com/
This is the correct link to the article you're referring to.
Puerto Plata News - Puerto Plata News :: Tourist Information

Here's a link to organization that conducted the poll and research on Perceptions of corruption to create the index.

cpi/surveys_indices/policy_research

I don't know how they gather the information and if they have access to all the facts. Here's one of their clips about the Index in Spanish.
Polling methods, the questions they ask, who they ask all have an impact on the findings. I don't know who they are and how objective they. The poll is about perception... some are better at giving a good perception of honesty than others. And the theirs cultural bias there. One man's bribe is another man's regalo.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
This is the correct link to the article you're referring to.
Puerto Plata News - Puerto Plata News :: Tourist Information

Here's a link to organization that conducted the poll and research on Perceptions of corruption to create the index.

cpi/surveys_indices/policy_research

I don't know how they gather the information and if they have access to all the facts. Here's one of their clips about the Index in Spanish.
Polling methods, the questions they ask, who they ask all have an impact on the findings. I don't know who they are and how objective they. The poll is about perception... some are better at giving a good perception of honesty than others. And then there's cultural bias. One man's bribe is another man's regalo.
Here's a link to the Dominican Republic "chapter": Participacin Ciudadana_Repblica Dominicana.

Mar 2, 2008
Okay Ai Ai, who are you really? You're too good to be just another new kid. You've been around.

Well, whoever you are, you're doing a great job, and it's good to see someone making some insightful and intelligent posts for a change.

Just stop flirting with Margaret. She has other commitments.