The need to have a return ticket when entering the DR

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I just had to do this one time -- on Jet Blue-- coming in from the US - and when they asked me about the round trip part I just said that I lived here - no papers were required. From then on, I just book out of here and so always get the rt ticket.. since I cannot wait to get back.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
After all is said and done,as was posted,"It's always a "Crap Shoot"!
I used to argue with them,show them my bank statements,etc,even had them put a "Flag" on my customer profile stating I was responsible to pay the "Fine" and buy an outgoing ticket.You still never could be sure what was going to happen.And,you still can't!
Depending on the airline,you can buy a return ticket as long a s a year in advance.I book a return 8 to 12 months in advance.
"Oh"! My BEST STORY!
Many years ago,American Airlines made me buy a "Return" ticket out of the DR,inorder to board my flight to SD. I asked for a flight to San Juan PR.Since I was such a "Smart A$$",they made the flight for the next day,and first class,and upgraded me to first class,Boston to SD.I gladly paid for all the above,with my American Airlines Credit Card.I just NEVER paid anything on the card again! "Phuck Them!
"Nice People" used to call me inorder to help me pay "something" on the card.
"Dey Wer Berry Berry nice"! How do you say "Have a GOOD ONE" in Bombay?(Sorry "PC" Mumbay)
CCCC

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
About 5 times various airlines asked me to purchase a return ticket. I just look at them and tell them "I live there" and they shrug. "Look at my passport," says I, and most of the time they just let it pass. Only one time did I have to flash my residency card and then I mistakenly showed my firearm permit instead of the residency (both blue). They had no idea what they were looking at.