The New Fast and the Furious filmed in DR

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Rapido Y Furioso!

I saw the movie in Santiago, it was in English with Spanish subtitles. The only part of the DR shown in the movie was the gas tanker hijack in the beginning and one of the crew was a comedic dominican duo typical to Sanky Panky type comedy. The rest of the movie is based out of LA and Mexico.

Last edited:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
BTW: It looks like Vin Diesel loooves The DR...oh and By AZB's definition he's definitely a chopo. Here are a couple of pics of him hanging out at a colmado in Los Minas and eating rice and beans out of a plastic container. I'm starting to like the guy.

3451932705_6b98e7c9db.jpg

3451932741_639fa08d02.jpg

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
From what I could see, none of the film was actually filmed in the DR. The scenes about the DR, mainly the truck hijacking definitely wasn't filmed here, you only have to look at the road surface and the back drop to know that.

Good film :)

Clampett One

Aug 3, 2006
Saw the movie and it was not filmed in DR. There is no place there that looks like the place in the movie. Even the driver of the big truck in the first scene had a mexican accent.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
It may not be filmed there but for a couple of weeks before the film opened Vin Diesel was on TV a lot promoting it. EVERY time he was speaking he mentioned the Dominican Republic and his charities there. The DR got good words and good promotion from him. He actually spoke more about the DR than the film in his interviews. Kudos to him!
Pssst If people in the US want to believe it is filmed in the DR, let them. All the more good publicity even if it is a white lie. Shhhsh

krwilson

Apr 18, 2008
Fast & Furious 2009: Movie and film review from Answers.com

This gives a wikipedia answer about Fast and Furious 2009.

Prequel

A 20-minute prequel directed by Vin Diesel and focusing on Dom & Letty and also introducing the character Han (Kang), was filmed in the Dominican Republic during the summer of 2008. The prequel is said to establish what happened to these characters after the first film, The Fast and the Furious.

I am not sure where this is in the movie for I am in the process of downloading it now. Perhaps it's just on the DVD release???

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
i was happy

Saw the movie and it was not filmed in DR. There is no place there that looks like the place in the movie. Even the driver of the big truck in the first scene had a mexican accent.

I say the movie just once, thought the truck hijacking looked like the road to cabo rojo, past Barahona some where near either side of Bahrouca.

Maybe not, but I believed it was, and I was happy.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
In the hijacking scene, if you look at the road and the way its marked and sealed, it does not look like a DR road. I have driven all over the DR and never seen liquid tar to seal or patch roads.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Fast & Furious 2009: Movie and film review from Answers.com

This gives a wikipedia answer about Fast and Furious 2009.

I am not sure where this is in the movie for I am in the process of downloading it now. Perhaps it's just on the DVD release???

i saw the film last night, the introduction was there. sorrily very poor quality, wifey got the DVD 'en el salon', heck, been recorded in a cinema, english with spanish subtitels, but very poor quality, will look for a download now or wait til the DVD shop has one available(;ong waiting list actually, lol).
Mike

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
seen it last weekend in Belgium. Don't know if it was filmed in the dr but i know that the translators never have been there. The only word not translated was "Co?o"
Had to explain it to a woman siting beside me. I think my blunt awnser made her blush

Greetings

Johan

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
seen it last weekend in Belgium. Don't know if it was filmed in the dr but i know that the translators never have been there. The only word not translated was "Co?o"
Had to explain it to a woman siting beside me. I think my blunt awnser made her blush

Greetings

Johan

so i guess i know which one of the meanings of co?o you translated, ha ha
Mike

carl.r

Oct 22, 2007
saw the film last week, wasnt covinced it was in DR, checked on the net and found this site ; imbd.com

Filming locations for
Fast & Furious (2009) More at IMDbPro ?
advertisementBacklot, Universal Studios - 100 Universal City Plaza, Universal City, California, USA

Dominican Republic

Los Angeles, California, USA

Mexico

San Pedro, Los Angeles, California, USA

Soggy Dry Lake, Lucerne Valley, California, USA

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I was told those first scenes were located in the southwest part of the country approaching Neiba. Haven't been near there in 10 years so I will let those Azuanos, Neyberos y Barahoneros to confirm it for me.

Cibaeno

Feb 7, 2009
I just got back from a short 2-day trip to Santo Domingo and got together with a ex-colegue from the hotel I worked. He is still working there and told me that the whole film crew stayed in "our" hotel: Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Tego Calderon, Don Omar, and so on.

The first thing: don?t be too sure that this is Vin Diesel on those pics! I would love this to be true and I actually can imagine it is, BUT he had a double with him that is 99,9% identical to himself!

The second thing: the beginning of the movie was filmed somewhere on, or nere, the new Santo Domingo - Saman? highway! And this information came from the film crew, so should be correct ;)

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
of course he has a double, like most guys have for their films.
or why ya think there are several doubles per filmstar on the planet?
those modeling doctors make a fortune out of that need, lol.
hey,
there need always to be some with the well known face for the few scenes where it is visible and then there need to be some to do the job.
that's business like usual.
i love his films
Mike