The New Hatian Influx (True or False?)

SomebodySmart

Oct 24, 2015
Yes, there is a huge difference.

In the past (Balaguer time), Haitians were in the DR with one goal as far as Dominican goes; to work the sugar cane fields and stay segregated and limited to the sugar cane plantations and sugar cane mills.

Back during those days most Haitians were returned to Haiti once the sugar cane season was over.

That has changed to now finding Haitians nationals everywhere, doing everything and mixing up with the Dominican society at all levels.

Gone are the times where Haitians were limited to just certain social circles. The populations has grown, residency and Dominican citizenship was granted to many of them so the mixture concocted by some higher powers is now in full effect.

The current government is prisoner of their own decisions or lack thereof. PLD sold their soul to the devil!

The benefits of DR citizenship were revoked retroactively when a law was changed that said these Dominicans were no longer Dominicans. Now 210,000 are stateless.

The Dominican flag shows a Bible open to John 8:32 which says, Conoceréis la verdad, y la verdad os hará libres. I will write the truth. 1.) These so-called Haitians are Dominicans, and are referred to as los afectados, and 2.) nobody can be given citizenship or be deprived of citizenship because there is no such thing as citizenship. It’s not like some bureaucracy is part of your soul. These truths are important because if you keep saying some lie enough times, persons forget how to speak the truth.

Sep 20, 2003
2.) nobody can be given citizenship or be deprived of citizenship because there is no such thing as citizenship.
This is factually wrong. You don't have a right to live anywhere you want. There are rules. Rules make civilizations work. Without rules, there is no civilization.

It’s not like some bureaucracy is part of your soul. These truths are important because if you keep saying some lie enough times, persons forget how to speak the truth.

You mean people like you?

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
In this forum, if you say anything that could even remotely be construed as negative or critical of Haitians, consider your self lucky that you were only called baised.

Why exactly is that the case?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The benefits of DR citizenship were revoked retroactively when a law was changed that said these Dominicans were no longer Dominicans. Now 210,000 are stateless.

The Dominican flag shows a Bible open to John 8:32 which says, Conoceréis la verdad, y la verdad os hará libres. I will write the truth. 1.) These so-called Haitians are Dominicans, and are referred to as los afectados, and 2.) nobody can be given citizenship or be deprived of citizenship because there is no such thing as citizenship. It’s not like some bureaucracy is part of your soul. These truths are important because if you keep saying some lie enough times, persons forget how to speak the truth.

I guess that citizenship cerimony and the change on my cedula to say Dominican were just in my imagination.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

You sound like a globalist. That's certainly what they're aiming for anyway. In the future everyone will just be a member of the New World Order.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

I will write the truth. There is a lot of nonsense in what you wrote.

JasonD

Bronze
Feb 10, 2018
Do folks really believe the real issue of the DR is an influx of illegal Haitians? This Haitian thing keeps being beaten like a dead horse. Beat it all you want, it ain't going away.

Immigration is an issue everywhere.

Look at the USA, Europe, it affects everything once it is out of control and even wosrt when it actually is politicized and forced by third parties.

Many things wrong and having co-related effects in the DR, immigration is definitively in the top.

jenmar237

Aug 8, 2017
2.) nobody can be given citizenship or be deprived of citizenship because there is no such thing as citizenship. It’s not like some bureaucracy is part of your soul.

Let me know how your "soul" argument works at any country's airport customs'....tell them you don't a need a passport, you have a "soul"

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
You sound like a globalist. That's certainly what they're aiming for anyway. In the future everyone will just be a member of the New World Order.

can you define what a globalist is, at least in your mind? i mean, you make this repetitive accusation directed at other members of the site, so the very least you ought to do is to establish some criteria and rubrics, so at least people know what you are accusing them of being. and, while you are at it, would you humor us and give us some understandings of this New World Order to which you repetitively allude?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
can you define what a globalist is, at least in your mind? i mean, you make this repetitive accusation directed at other members of the site, so the very least you ought to do is to establish some criteria and rubrics, so at least people know what you are accusing them of being. and, while you are at it, would you humor us and give us some understandings of this New World Order to which you repetitively allude?

We talked about this before. A globalist is one who advocates the ideology of globalism. There has been volumes written about globalists and their ideology of globalism. Books have been written about it. It's studied in universities. It's been in the news. Luminaries no less than Henry Kissenger and billionaire George Soros are well known globalists.

Saying that someone sounds like a globalist is no more of an "accusation" than saying someone sounds like a liberal, a Republican, or a Libertarian.

There is a wealth of information on the internet about globalists, globalism, and the New World Order for anyone who is interested. Google is your friend.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
We talked about this before. A globalist is one who advocates the ideology of globalism. There has been volumes written about globalists and their ideology of globalism. Books have been written about it. It's studied in universities. It's been in the news. Luminaries no less than Henry Kissenger and billionaire George Soros are well known globalists.

Saying that someone sounds like a globalist is no more of an "accusation" than saying someone sounds like a liberal, a Republican, or a Libertarian.

There is a wealth of information on the internet about globalists, globalism, and the New World Order for anyone who is interested. Google is your friend.

actually, that is very weak. you come on here every few days, accusing people of being all kinds of things, and when asked to at least define the core notions of your position you direct people to google? the very least you can do is to give some outline of the issue as you see it. surely there has to be some foundational epicenter , and the least you can do is to tell us what it is, and if there are any points at which you are at variance with the postulates.

throwing labels is lazy. anyone can do that.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008

Someone who advocates putting so called international legislation or commands from international bodies, be it polítical and financial, above local needs. An example of this people, besides the Soros and Kissinger ones cavok mentioned, is Mario Vargas Llosa, who can be found always pontificating and railing against countries that dare to challenge the neoliberal orthodoxy of the IMF and co. What cavok and others may have forgotten to mention is that globalism goes beyond the traditional left/right divide of the political spectrum, specially since you can find challengers to globalism on both sides. An example of a challengers to the global consensus from the left would be Nicolás Maduro and the activists from the Sao Paulo forum, although these challengers from the left have become increasingly minoritary ever since international corporations coopted the so called progressive causes of the day (like gay marriage, environmentalism and pro-immigrationism) from Occupy Wall Street onwards.

Last edited:

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Back to Dominican immigration to USA please. No more warnings

Ok. According to Vargas Llosa and Carlos Alberto Montaner, the people of the DR government and anyone that supports the 168-13 law (or any kind of measure looking to curb mass illegal immigration) is a Nazi, which also applies to Trump, the Hungarian Orban, the Brexiters, and anyone that stand up against the so called Washington neoliberal consensus of the 90's in economic and social cues (what cavok calls New World Order).

Don PISTOLAS

Mar 6, 2018
Dominican immigration to the US and many other places is an ongoing trend which has been well established for years. Haitians has nothing to do with it.

Ummmmmm. The question is, "is there an influx of Haitians Coming into the Country." If more and more Dominicans are leaving the Country in droves, and the population stays the same or continues to grow. One would have to assume they are being replaced by someone. Who would you guess that is?

How you can derive from my statement, Dominicans are leaving because of Haitians baffles me. My statement is Haitians are most likely replacing Dominicans who have left.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My eyes tell me there are more Haitians in Jarabacoa and area than ever before. We have about a dozen Haitian kids in the school and the public schools have many more. Several of the missionary schools have almost all Haitian children. Several in our school don't know creole, and speak Spanish at home. All the children in our school are here legally, but that isn't the same for all schools. Talking to Dominicans, they have noticed the influx and blame it on the government.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
In this forum, if you say anything that could even remotely be construed as negative or critical of Haitians, consider your self lucky that you were only called baised.

Truth hurts. I speak my mind freely on this issue in public
all the time. Haiti's problems need to be solved by Haitian
people on Haitian soil. Every single Haitian I have ever spoken
with regarding this issue agrees with me 100%. They all tell me
the same thing.

There is strength in unity but unfortunately
Haitians tend to look for way to bring one another down rather
than work together to suceed and achieve goals. Once a Haitian
becomes successful in Haiti he or she immediately becomes a target
by his fellow country man. They would rather see him fail miserably
then congradulate him on his sucess. When I think of the Haitians who
are living in Haiti, one word comes to mind... Animosity.

A Haitian friend of mine who lives in Sosua put it best. He told me
that "living in Haiti is like living in a bucket full of crabs".

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Truth hurts. I speak my mind freely on this issue in public
all the time. Haiti's problems need to be solved by Haitian
people on Haitian soil. Every single Haitian I have ever spoken
with regarding this issue agrees with me 100%. They all tell me
the same thing.

There is strength in unity but unfortunately
Haitians tend to look for way to bring one another down rather
than work together to suceed and achieve goals. Once a Haitian
becomes successful in Haiti he or she immediately becomes a target
by his fellow country man. They would rather see him fail miserably
then congradulate him on his sucess. When I think of the Haitians who
are living in Haiti, one word comes to mind... Animosity.

A Haitian friend of mine who lives in Sosua put it best. He told me
that "living in Haiti is like living in a bucket full of crabs".

Truth? Liberals can't handle the truth! Creates too much cognative dissonance for them. They'd rather believe the picture that buffoon Conan O'Brien painted for them with all the Haitians kids in nice little school uniforms and nice clean school classrooms with new desks - all the while floating around in the ocean drinking a Mai Tai like Haiti is really some kind of tropical paradise.

One other person, whom I think can't be mentioned here, aptly described Haiti for what it really is - a sh*t hole. That's why so many Haitians are fleeing and coming to the DR.

Last edited:

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The influx of Haitians, especially in the Pedernales area, is causing a lot of violent confronttions with the local Dominicans there. The army is permanently stationed in that area. It doesn't get much play on the news because that's not the kind of the news the government wants. They are trying to make the SW part of the DR a tourist destination.

To the east in Bavaro, Hatians have almost completely overtaken the town of Veron. Here are some videos as reported by Dominican reporters:

[video=youtube;HFxBZvjsEgY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFxBZvjsEgY[/video]