The Post Office

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
JDJones said:
Anybody that can come up with a suggestion like that is sure to get along really well with me!

Yes. Between the lot of us - juanita, Pib, etc. we will make a scary bunch.

Maybe someone should warn the staff in Pat'e Palo. Heavens help them if service is anything short of perfection.
:devious:

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
I have mentioned this before, but when I lived in POP, and wasn't getting any of my mail, I just went to the Post Office, explained my situation in very bad Spanish - I must add! - and they took me to the back and let me go through the mail so I could find my letters. My mail was always there, as well as mail for other Canadian girls I knew, and I would just scoop it all up and go on my way. I did this about every month, until I had access to a fax machine and then my family just faxed me letters ! I went home every 6 months, so I never needed any parcels sent to me though.
Anyway, thank you for giving me a great laugh, Chirimoya, I was giggling all day thinking about it!! Almost like putting powdered paint in someones showerhead !!
Marlie

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Vendictive Women

marliejaneca said:
I have mentioned this before, but when I lived in POP, and wasn't getting any of my mail, I just went to the Post Office, explained my situation in very bad Spanish - I must add! - and they took me to the back and let me go through the mail so I could find my letters. My mail was always there, as well as mail for other Canadian girls I knew, and I would just scoop it all up and go on my way. I did this about every month, until I had access to a fax machine and then my family just faxed me letters ! I went home every 6 months, so I never needed any parcels sent to me though.
Anyway, thank you for giving me a great laugh, Chirimoya, I was giggling all day thinking about it!! Almost like putting powdered paint in someones showerhead !!
Marlie

Guys have you noticed that there are some very vindictive women on this thread. I mean powered paint, laxative laced candy, skin dye!!!!! :speechles

Nov 5, 2004
mountainannie said:
Any experience with DHL, FED EX, UPS?

thanks -

I don't know what DHL is.

UPS has lost my packages, had them arrive late, or not even at all to the destinations within Canada..so I would never trust them to get something down to Dominican on time, or necessairly in one peice. Although I'm sure they could and they work for other people, because they are a very well known company...I ahve had NOTHING but bad experiences everytime me or anyone I know has used them.

Fed Ex has gotten everything I have sent to the right place, and on time, and with no hassels. Within Canada and DR.
Well...ok..not exactly "on time" in the DR. But not many things in the DR are on time. I recieved a package from my family 2 days later then Fed Ex said it arrived. But that is only because Luperon (where I stay) is a smaller town, and the mail delivery services only go out there a few times a week. Fed Ex and UPS both..when shipping to a smaller town in the DR hire a delivery service, and the actual Fed Ex/UPS truck and/or workers do not come out to the smaller towns. So the delivery service recieved it 2 days before..and then brought it out to Luperon when doing the rounds.

My conclusion??..Based on the service and experiences I have had with Fed Ex and UPS...GO WITH FED EX!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Try This "Dirty Trick"!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was in college,someone kept stealing my shampoo and my conditioner.Sooooooooooooooooo,I got some "Nair"(cream hair remover) I replaced the conditioner with "Nair",because you leave conditioner on the hair longer than shampoo.I waited,and soon, my shampoo and "conditioner" again went missing. Again,I waited.I found out who it was.The newly "Bald" guy down the hall,and better yet,his girlfriend ,with the wierd haircut,who came to visit him over the weekend!!!!!!!!!
He NEVER said a word!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

We use FED EX,never a ,problem,and you can track your package on your computer!!!!!!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
At work, some funny guy used to drink all our soft drinks from the fridge, so one very intelligent fellow decided to put a couple of drops of Visine (eye drops) and wait till the next day to see who would call in sick. This stuff will give you very scary diarrhea! It turns out the only person to call in sick was a Senior Manager! Guilty!!! ;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Well, look what I started. I'm enjoying the other ideas. Unlike some of you I have never actually done any of these things, only fantasised about it. Like today when I dreamed up a penalty for the person who decided to stop his jeepeta at a fruit vendor without signalling. Tough **** for those of us behind him. I thought it would be nice to get out of the car, purchase the ripest banana and smear it across his windscreen.

The laxative idea is based on something a cousin of mine did years ago. Very similar to juanita's eye drop story, it involved a shared fridge and a mysterious vanishing chocolate cake. My cousin decided that next time she would bake a 'special' chocolate cake and wait and see who would be making the mad dashes to the little boys room.

bienamor said:
Guys have you noticed that there are some very vindictive women on this thread. I mean powered paint, laxative laced candy, skin dye!!!!!

Oh yes, Saturday should be fun. Vindictive women, green man - what other delights are in store? Will Escott show us his back?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I had a vacation job whilst a student as a lifeguard at an open swimming pool, a municipal type place. Two guys got banned for rowdy behavior. Next morning, on early shift, I started up the pumping equipment.........& slowly watched our pristine pool turn purple. The 2 guys had slipped potassium permanganate into pumping equipment. So we had purple early morning swimmers...........and a VERY long draining & cleaning & refilling process!

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Strange thing happened!

I had a few bad days last week! Having accused eveyone in Edenorte of being "scum sucking leeches" - going on to tell them I wasn't prepared to "pay for the whole damned Jamboree" I stormed next door and into the post office. - Neither should ever have opened a shop next door to each other if you ask me!

The poor guy in the post office knew he was in trouble as soon as he saw me - I was a strange shade of purple at the time!

I think my opening gambit was "Where's my fuc*ing mail you contemptible bastard" - poor postie was immediately on the back foot and stood slack jawed while I told him what I thought was wrong with the Dominican Postal Service.

I stormed out and felt so much better - I still had none of my post but what the heck eh? Life's too short so I put it all behind me and had a "large one".

So you can imagine my delight when EPS 'phoned to let me know that my parcels had arrived on Saturday morning! (3 out of 5 anyway).

The time-line for one particular package goes like this:

18th October - left UK
11th November - arrives Santo Domingo
19th November - arrives Sosua
3rd December - threaten obscene violence
4th December - taken 400 yards down the road to EPS.

Perhaps if I asked people to write URGENT MEDICAL SUPPLIES on the box?

Anyhow, one down, one to go - no news yet on my Electricity bill and my Neighbour's house is still in darkness while his meter still clicks around all by itself. - Maybe they're clockwork? ;)

Simon

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Simon & Nicky said:
Having accused eveyone in Edenorte of being "scum sucking leeches" - going on to tell them I wasn't prepared to "pay for the whole damned Jamboree" ...

Please tell us how you say these things in Spanish. It might come in useful some time in the future. ;)

I'm pleased to hear your parcel seems to be arriving, but my joy is tinged with disappointment that you won't need to try out any of our helpful suggestions.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Chirimoya said:
I'm pleased to hear your parcel seems to be arriving, but my joy is tinged with disappointment that you won't need to try out any of our helpful suggestions.

Try them anyways, avenge those that have been royally screwed by the Postal Service. Pretend that it really did happen, remember that anger you felt, feel the pain!....Let us live vicariously through you, liberate the rest of us who aren't in a position to do so!

I think it's time for my medication.

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Chirimoya said:
Please tell us how you say these things in Spanish. It might come in useful some time in the future. ;)

Do not disappointed be, Chiri, he still has EdeNorte to approach in his laid back, shy, retiring, polite & exceptionally charming manner............ ;)

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Can you imagine?

If I had said those things in Spanish they would have kicked the crap out of me! (And I would have deserved it). In my stupid little world it's alright to be rude to someone so long as they don't understand you. They probably just thought I'd been eating too many bananas and chose to ignore me anyway.

I lost my temper in the shop purely for my own selfish benefit.

Simon