the price of water

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Does your pump pressurize the entire system? Or does it only pump to the tinaco and then use gravity from there?

When we have electricity, the pump pressurizes the entire system. If there is no electric, it's gravity feed at our house, because our pump is not hooked up to the inverter. Sometimes if it's cold and we want hot water, Mr. AE hooks the generator to the pump to pressurize - because the on-demand heater won't work on gravity feed.

Makinater

May 4, 2013
Our residence got it's own pozo and bomba. We pay 300 pesos a month for water, garbage, and the man that is supposedly hired to clean the area - although I've never seen him and by the looks of our residence he's never been here. In any case, la bomba isn't prendida all the time, so the tenants without tinaco only got water during the hours it's on. As for us, we got plenty of water all the time. Never runs short.

And now I have to eat that statement up. La bomba se da?o this night. Wonderful! Let's see how many weeks it takes for my cheapskate neighbors to pitch in on the repair costs. Thankfully, I'm leaving for a campo anyway today. Crossing my fingers that it will be fixed when I get back (and wondering how so many of my fellow Dominicans manages to ruin almost everything they lay their hands on).

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I hardly ever use la bomba to fill the tinacoa, it fills itself when l aqua de la calle js on , kind of like 1 or 2 hours a day ( if lucky).

I use the pump if I want pressure for a nice shower( of course there is even less luz than aqua) and it pumps out of an underground xistern, great cold water. I have a manual switch tochoose in between tinacoa/house and cistern.
Do u guys have lots of pressure with tbe tinacoa?????? Just wonderjng cos I could hardly hose my garden with tinacoa pressure, or aqua de la calle pressure either for that matter. La bomba is needed for pressure and we only have a couple if hours of luz a day.....
Any ideas.......

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Do u guys have lots of pressure with tbe tinacoa?????? Just wonderjng cos I could hardly hose my garden with tinacoa pressure, or aqua de la calle pressure either for that matter. La bomba is needed for pressure and we only have a couple if hours of luz a day.....
Any ideas.......

I think if you increase your supply line size coming down from the tinaco it will increase pressure. Not easy for remodeling inside, but you might be able to get a little more pressure for your garden hose.

If you now have a 1/2" pipe feeding your spigot, you might be able to run 1" or even 1.5" pipe down an outside wall and just move the hose spigot to that. Just a thought...

If I build, I'm planning on Gravity Pressure only, using larger pipe coming down from the tinaco to increase pressure. I want to spend as little on KW's as possible. It isn't going to get any cheaper.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
We pay 200. I know some folks in Sosua Abajo that don't pay anything. I have some friends in El Batey that say they pay 350.
I have 2 residenses,one in zona colonial where I pay around 198 pesos a month,and my house in samana has free city water.