The reason why US and Canada will always burden DR. Haiti will never succeed.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
You will need to watch this videos to understand why and how the world, but mainly the US and Canada will always be a burden to DR. And unfortunately, through these videos you will understand why it is to the benefits of the international community to keep the people of Haiti down. The international community does not cares about the Haitians, and Haiti will never succeed. It is very sad to say it but it is the truth.

They want to accuse the DR of human trafficking and make silly documentaries about the DR underpaying Haitians when they themselves are exploiting the Haitians and robbing them blind off their natural resources. The UN is a big joke, they should be ashame of themselves nd should be kicked out of Haiti. They put up a nice altruistic front only so that depletion of Haiti's resources take place from the rear, which in term makes Haiti a monkey on the DR's back.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NRi_MJX-C_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T33dI6f8G0U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
With all due respect Mr DR could you please summarize the natural resources that Haiti is exporting. From what I remember on my trips there and talking with well connected Haitian clients there is very little. In fact here is a summary of the Haitian exports:

The country?s exports for the year 2009 stood at $524 million, as compared to $490 million. The major items exported by Haiti include apparel, oil, cocoa, coffee and mangoes. Nearly 70% of these exports are destined to the United States with another 9% going to the Dominican Republic and 3% to Canada. Cotton apparel, clothes made from wool and household goods dominate Haiti?s exports to the US.

Haiti Trade, Exports and Imports | Economy Watch

I don't doubt the US has meddled too much but imo the Haitian politicians bear by far the majority of the blame for the disaster that is Haiti.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
With all due respect Mr DR could you please summarize the natural resources that Haiti is exporting. From what I remember on my trips there and talking with well connected Haitian clients there is very little. In fact here is a summary of the Haitian exports:

The country?s exports for the year 2009 stood at $524 million, as compared to $490 million. The major items exported by Haiti include apparel, oil, cocoa, coffee and mangoes. Nearly 70% of these exports are destined to the United States with another 9% going to the Dominican Republic and 3% to Canada. Cotton apparel, clothes made from wool and household goods dominate Haiti?s exports to the US.

Haiti Trade, Exports and Imports | Economy Watch

I don't doubt the US has meddled too much but imo the Haitian politicians bear by far the majority of the blame for the disaster that is Haiti.

I don't doubt the US has meddled too much but imo the Haitian politicians bear by far the majority of the blame for the disaster that is Haiti.[/QUOTE]

Chip you are partly right, listen to the second video entirely. These reasources are not being accounted for or recorded as part of Haiti's GDP so that it could benefit Haitians, otherwise it would defeat the purpose of stealing.

I have heard how corrupted companies and government officials would mine a certain resource and export it under a different and unsignificant resource and keep it off the GDP

In the DR Canadian companies have gotten caught transporting disguised gold as carbon.. It is said that Haiti has good oil, its mountains glittering in gold, silver and bauxite natural resources are said to contain the highest grade in the world, due to the age of the mountains.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
My Friend:

Let's not play the "blame game card". Haiti has been a political and social powder key for over 500 years. That being said, if resources and man power were allocated in the same % as we spend on war in the Middle East or Afganistan many of the problems in Haiti could be corrected.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

In the DR Canadian companies have gotten caught transporting disguised gold as carbon.. It is said that Haiti has good oil, its mountains glittering in gold, silver and bauxite natural resources are said to contain the highest grade in the world, due to the age of the mountains.[/QUOTE]

You have a link to any credible source for that. I haven't heard of that and I track Canadian mining companies.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I hate to say it Mr Dr but this is just more "liberal on steroids" propaganda.

First, the Haitian gov't has a longstanding distrust of any foreign government or business and will not allow any exports off of it's island without charging exorbitant duties. For example, I was told by a businessman in the mining business that there were told by a Haitian official that the gov't would require 50% of the net profits of any mining operation. To put that in perspective the DR requires only a fraction of that.

Two, the article states that the US has "occupied" Haiti when in fact this is not the case. The article was written less than a month after the earthquake, about the same time i was there, and the UN troops far outnumbered the American ones. At this time there are few American troops there.

Three, the article was written less than a month after the earthquake and state that minerals are being exported but that is just not possible based on the fact that any large mining operation requires a lot of equipment and infrastructure, not to mention people - just look at Barrick Gold's startup operation here that is still in process. Where will all these mining workers,etc they stay in the middle of nowhere? How will they get there goods to port to export? How did they do this in record time? Why hasn't anybody found them on google maps? The fact is the simple answer is there are no illegal foreign mining operations in Haiti.

Four, the author is Haitian of course and has a webpage with all the latest conspiracy theories with regard to why Haiti is so backwards and as usual they are 99% perpetrated by the "bad' foreigners of course. This is nothing new and this type of propaganda was instilled in the Haitian populace shortly after their independence. The Haitian leaders have shown a consistent distrust and hate of foreigners, especially whites, since their inception. Furthermore, Haitians are spoon fed a constant diet of this type of propaganda by the politicians all the while they continue to squash investment in their country and rob the coffers. I have met Haitian's in the US that have told me about the propaganda and I expect for this reason many do not desire to return because they know it is a big lie and excuse for the politicians to rob the country.

Ezili Danto.com |Law & Human Rights Advocacy