The US is out. Who can beat us now?

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Marilyn said:
Yes, now we have to let the Baseball Classic 2006 rest in peace, hard as it is to let go, but I'm already looking forward to the World Series and winter baseball in DR, which is very exciting, of course, before all that happens, there's the world cup in the summer, this is great!!!

EXACTLY!!! :D

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
If you were betting, you should have listened to me!

toneloc24 said:
I don't think ANYBODY predicted Japan would have won when this all started. It was fun, but nothing like the World Cup this summer. Now that will be a party!!!
Perhaps not, but I implored everyone to bet on the Far East; any and all of them.

They were the true wild card - Japan and Korea.

Again, I didn't watch all the games, but from what I did see it seemed as though they were the two best.

I wish I got to see more of Cuba, they're pretty interesting. I love the fact that they were all given Ipods - and not a single one of them have any way to use them. Too funny!

Lastly, the starter for Japan last night really impressed me. He threw a handful of pitches that, honestly, looked more like wiffle ball pitches than baseball. Nasty stuff.

El_cubano

Dec 1, 2005
OK so we lost. Cuba got second place, how about your country? We beat Puerto Rico, Venezuela and DR.

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
I'm upset that DR lost. If you're satisfied with 2nd place, so be it. I would never be. 2nd place, has always been first loser, in my book. Little moral victories, I guess that's all they have in Cuba.

ENJOY!!!!!!

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
Cleef said:
Are we done here?

Sounds like it.

I think so .... since the WBC has been over for a few days now!

I still wish the DR had won ... just like all my friends!

*Baby Girl

El_cubano

Dec 1, 2005
Fact#1 We beat you when it counted.
Fact#2 We have and always be better baseball players than you;)

johny2001

May 24, 2006
El_cubano said:

Well, you want real baseball, you won't see it in the USA!

Mar 21, 2002
El_cubano said:

Que vola? Cubanazo, oye haceres tremendo miquimbin que metiste consorte, oye la jeba te etan esperando ahi en La carreta con tremendo lechon asado, yucca con mojito, congri y una munequita o heinken,

O&C trying to be Cuban.

I like Cubans, they talk funny. Oh well they say the same of our dominican accents. One group of latinos always accuses the other of "cantando" when they talk, LOL