the VERY BEST rum

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
let's set the terms, shall we?

We must distinguish between rums, such as all those mentioned so far, made from refined sugar, and rums made from cane. Cane rum is known in the French Caribbean as "rhum agricole." It's a different animal and the finer aged varieties from Martinique are astonishing. I highly recommend you give them a try.

Apr 26, 2002
I drank a bottle of Rhum Bologne from Guadalupe recently. What was left I used to strip paint off of an old oil drum.

Tastings.com does not know everything, HB. They feel that Presidente is not fit to be tested in the beer category. And they did not test Havana Club in the aged rum category, which is like testing cigars and leaving out Cohiba and Partagas. They also did not test Pusser's, which is a special experience.

I have tried the 12-year old Flor de Cana. It is excellent and might have obtained the #5 spot in my listing were the Brugal Extra Viejo not such a great deal.

It has been years since I sipped the Puerto Rican rum Barillito, which I remember as having been excellent.

You can send the Barcelo to Junior's Cafe and Pension, Yerba Buena, Jarabacoa. Address it to "Chicalinda". Don't worry, I'll get it.

Sanson

Apr 14, 2003
The Best Dominican Rum to me, would be Barcelo Imperial 21 a?os. You don`t need to mix it with coke, to drink it and it`s great.

Also, as HB said Ron Zacapa Centenario is pretty good also.

Last edited: