Theft on April 16 - La Mulata

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Bad news, Brunck is still there causing trouble as usual. He just had a fight with a Dutch guy about speed bumps in the road. So it is business as usual for this guy.

Last edited:

blackrainbow

Dec 26, 2009
And finally, yes I waited two weeks to post as we wanted to go through the info we received before I came to the board. As usual, you ask for help and you always have to get at least one person who has to take a dig at you for something.

My mother always use to say, if you can't say something nice, keep your mouth shut...pretty wise words.

I Dont want to dig a hole here, but i wasnt "digging",

I was asking a question, that maybe a few also wandered,

Yes i understand it could of messed up on the police enquires/investigation - but i doubt there was even a follow up from them anyway.

Sorry if you took it the wrong way, and hope you have your house back under control.

BR

Dec 21, 2008
I Dont want to dig a hole here, but i wasnt "digging",

I was asking a question, that maybe a few also wandered,

Yes i understand it could of messed up on the police enquires/investigation - but i doubt there was even a follow up from them anyway.

Sorry if you took it the wrong way, and hope you have your house back under control.

BR

No offense taken...just a little off over the whole incident.

Also, it took us two weeks to purchase another computer so we were without...thus my inability to post any sooner.

No leads thus far but from talking to people, it seems that our computers probably ended up in Santo Domingo where there is a huge black market for laptops.

Interestingly enough, one of the gardeners close by is now sporting a new moto bike......

all is lost

Nov 18, 2006
My house was robbed once, I left mt plastic garbage can outside the back gate for 2 days and it went missing. Seems someone needed a water tank. I posted all over myain street a RECOMPENSA, a wanted poster. I offered $5000rd for the location of my can, thats gagbage can not the other, and the name of the thief. Rd 10000 for the can and his head. No one has stole from me sence.
The thief spent a lot of sleepless nights thinking which of his friends or exgirlfriends were going to turn him in ....or worse.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Mrs Silver Fox,
You might want to look at this link - May 4th Sos?a-News
These guys fit the descriptions of the local robbers!

Olly

Dec 21, 2008
Mrs Silver Fox,
You might want to look at this link - May 4th Sos?a-News
These guys fit the descriptions of the local robbers!

Olly

Thank you Olly!!!!

We will follow up with the police today and see what they have to say as we haven't heard back from them yet.

I'm not holding out any hope but miracles do happen.

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
Mrs Silver Fox 60,

Also, when you talk to the police ask them also to check the guys who robbed a house in Playa Laguna on May 4th at around 2-30 PM. We have a video of those guys and their geep caught on video camera we've installed in the neighbour's house. Police now has the files and they said they knew the guys. I may upload the videos on youtube if interested.

Rbh44

Mar 28, 2007
On Saturday, Apr 16 Mr. Silver Fox and I went into Sosua for approximately two hours. During that time, a person or persons broke into our home using a crowbar to pry open our security gate at the back of our house. They broke the deadbolt. He (they) gained access through our sliding patio doors by working the window pins. Our dogs were in the house at the time and were unharmed.

Someone was keeping close watch on us and knew that our dogs were not good guard dogs but do bark a lot. Unfortunately, our close neighbours were not home at the time either. We have since added a third dog that is a guard dog. We are suspicious of several individuals in this area but as we have no concrete proof, we can?t do anything.

He (they) took three Acer laptops. One was a 18", one was a 16" and one was an 11.5". The 11.5" was taken without the power cord. The 16" was sitting on a separate fan unit. They also took a brand new Nikon camera and an older pocket style Olympus camera. We are also missing our IPod.

We have spoken to the police and filed a report. We were informed that there have been numerous break-ins in this area with the same MO so heads up to everyone to keep extra vigil.

While we have had help checking various pawn type stores from Puerto Plata to Sabaneta, we have had no success in finding any of our possessions and we really don't expect to retrieve anything. :ermm:

If anyone is approached by anyone selling any of these rather new looking items, I would be grateful if it could be reported to the police. Also, please PM me if you hear of anything.

While we are still angry, we are here to tell our tale and were unharmed. We can't change what happened, only how we feel about it. We have reinforced our security gates with extra steel deadbolts and mammoth sized pad locks for when we leave our home and take our replacement laptop with us.

Perhaps it is your dogs that are constantly barking and waking other people in the area, like me, all the time. I do not know. What a pain in the butt. I am completely against poisining dogs but I would have no problem with the owners of these dogs that are constantly barking near my house. If a dog is barking for hours on end, as is the case near me, it is because of an irresponsible and inconsiderate owner. Obviously it does nothing to deter a break-in.

Dec 21, 2008
Perhaps it is your dogs that are constantly barking and waking other people in the area, like me, all the time. I do not know. What a pain in the butt. I am completely against poisining dogs but I would have no problem with the owners of these dogs that are constantly barking near my house. If a dog is barking for hours on end, as is the case near me, it is because of an irresponsible and inconsiderate owner. Obviously it does nothing to deter a break-in.

They actually on bark alot when there are strangers in the area. They do not bark constantly at absolutely nothing. What is the point of having a dog that doesn't bark? It kind of defeats the purpose of having an early warning system...if there are dogs barking, you should be grateful that you are being warned to possible problems in your area!

Our dogs are in the house at night as I don't want them poisoned. My original two dogs would lick you to death before biting...they make noise when something isn't right. My new guard dog probably would rip you apart if given the chance.

Dogs are just an extra deterrant to everything else we have done. I wouldn't advertise that you want to poison dogs or people...could lead to a whole lot of problems for you if something does happen in your area!

This thread isn't about barking dogs or inconsiderate neighbours...it is about leads to solving crime and highly unlikely, getting our items back.

To those that have assisted, thank you so much. We are meeting with the police later today to see where things are.

Last edited:

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Bred - it would be useful if you did post it on YouTube then we could all identify these people and take precautions

Olly

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
My house was robbed once, I left mt plastic garbage can outside the back gate for 2 days and it went missing. Seems someone needed a water tank. I posted all over myain street a RECOMPENSA, a wanted poster. I offered $5000rd for the location of my can, thats gagbage can not the other, and the name of the thief. Rd 10000 for the can and his head. No one has stole from me sence.
The thief spent a lot of sleepless nights thinking which of his friends or exgirlfriends were going to turn him in ....or worse.
I hope so. BTW I signed in just to press the like button. ;)

Dec 21, 2008
Maybe....

Mr Silver Fox was at the Sosua police yesterday. We were told that quite a large amount of stolen property was recovered along with the arrest of three individuals trying to pawn said property in Santiago. The alert owner called police and refused to take the items.

We have been instructed to go to Puerto Plata on Tuesday morning to view the items recovered. Still not holding out much hope but we are armed with the paperwork for all our belongings.

I will be doing the "Snoopy Dance of Joy" if we get even one item back!!

If anyone else has been robbed lately, it might be worth your while and follow up as we did.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Lets hope the thieves pictured in Sosua News who were arrested are "your thieves". Best of luck, we are rooting for you.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
SAFETY MEASURES

Was it here on DR1 that I read or heard the idea of keeping a speargun in the casa instead of a pistole?
No licence needed for the spear and less noise..... available everywhere.

WW

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
this will be an interesting test as all the naysayers say its not worth trying - lets hope for good result to prove them wrong