There is only one all full day public school in all of the DR

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
There are 567 schools on the full-day program. 97 were already since last year and 470 were added this August. I guess this article is a mistranslation of a Spanish article or just a misinformed author.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There are 567 schools on the full-day program. 97 were already since last year and 470 were added this August. I guess this article is a mistranslation of a Spanish article or just a misinformed author.

Are those schools PUBLIC FULL DAY SCHOOLS? If they are private schools, then they do not apply to this discussion.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Rincon elementary school in Jarabacoa has the full time program. They just built a new high school here in Jarabacoa and when the children showed up they told them to come back because they don't have any chairs for them.
We're up to 635 kids from Pre-kinder to first year of high school. Kids can read by the time they finish grade one, and write by the time they finish grade two. Some obviously have better penmanship than others and it's usually the parent's involvement that makes a difference.

Rincon elementary is a public school?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
the ONLY full day school in the DR? so... the full day public program in Cabrera's elementary school doesn't exist? or the schools in Santiago Rodriguez also don't? Or, how about IPISA - the politecnico in Santiago that has been a full-day program for about 7 years now?

not the ONLY people, the first brand-new building, inaugurated as a full-day program.

Glad to hear there are a handful of other all day public schools in the DR.

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
All day school in Montellano??????? Hasn't happened after Danilo left! My step-daughter in her 2nd year of High School goes in at 7:30 am, out by 12PM. Step-son in 6th grade, goes in at 1:45, home by 5:30 pm. Really pathetic!!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
All day school in Montellano??????? Hasn't happened after Danilo left! My step-daughter in her 2nd year of High School goes in at 7:30 am, out by 12PM. Step-son in 6th grade, goes in at 1:45, home by 5:30 pm. Really pathetic!!

So even the article in the OP is a lie? Or does she go to a different building than the one dedicated?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
So even the article in the OP is a lie? Or does she go to a different building than the one dedicated?

You should know by now what is supposed to be, and what actually is are two different things. 4-5 hours of decent education is better than 8 of poor education.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Actually im surprised, based on the intelligence I see, I thought school was only a couple hours a day.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Full-day of the same crap won't change anything. I believe it's a dead-end. They should keep a complete 4 hours day but drastically improve the teacher's level of education. Teachers are borderline braindead. Full-day is not going to change anything.

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
It's just another political "at-a-boy" to improve his image or Party off the backs of the poor, only sad thing is the kids really don'tbenefitby it! :(

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
A full day of school maybe a way to stimulate the economy as well. Parents will both be able to work a full day both (not necessarily a good thing though).

Interesting discussion on education, I've been searching everywhere for information about schools and here we are. The information online is very limited. What is a realistic expense average for 4 children ages 13,7,4 and 3 to attend school? From preschool which in U.S. costs me $300 a week for my 4 and 3 yr old. until they enter school age which will be free tuition. The public education system in fl is suffering also so lots of parents are going for the charter and magnet school programs where the waiting lists are years long sometimes. I would like a full day program, they can all be in the same school if it's K-12 or individual, open to school transportation or I can provide transportation. Would like to know more about school locations, experiences and cost...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Interesting discussion on education, I've been searching everywhere for information about schools and here we are. The information online is very limited. What is a realistic expense average for 4 children ages 13,7,4 and 3 to attend school? From preschool which in U.S. costs me $300 a week for my 4 and 3 yr old. until they enter school age which will be free tuition. The public education system in fl is suffering also so lots of parents are going for the charter and magnet school programs where the waiting lists are years long sometimes. I would like a full day program, they can all be in the same school if it's K-12 or individual, open to school transportation or I can provide transportation. Would like to know more about school locations, experiences and cost...

Better to start a new thread on this. I expect you would not want public schools and this thread is about public schools. Also post your location in that new thread so people can tell you what is available in that area.