Think it's chilly now? Wait for the Polar Air!

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I purchased a nice little Honeywell UberHeat™ Ceramic space heater on Amazon back in November.
My friends were laughing at me, at the time.... who's laughing now?
Indeed, I'll be sleeping good again tonight :cheeky:

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Yesterday was a beautiful day, not a cloud in the sky. Even Isabel De Torres was completely clear all day.
The beach was fantastic, though water a little cold. 
But once the sun went down it very quickly got chilly

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Unbelievable, I can count on one hand the times I remember the temperature dropping below 70F in Santo Domingo at night.

abm3yp.jpg

2ni66w1.jpg

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Well, with Global Warmi... ah, never mind. Its best to wait until March¸ its much more believable! :cheeky:

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
I myself have introduced a total of 6 people to ice and snow over the years. It is always amusing to see someone who has said "Que Frio" to 70 degrees F all their life to see snow and ice outdoors for the first time!

Reminds me when my wife joined me n Belgium after our marriage in 2004. The moment she left the AirPort in Amsterdam it started to snow. "Dios me da la bienvenida" she said. Must be amazing feeling snow the first time in your adult life.

The first time my wife saw the breath come out of her mouth as fog was pretty funny.

The Professor

Sep 22, 2015
You won't feel it. I still see tourists walking around in shorts and tank tops and going to the beach and in the water and all that stuff. But once one is physically acclimated to life here, yes, long sleeves and a jacket and skip the beach till at least May.

You mean that I will eventually get accustomed to living inside an oven? Because I have to admit that I'm loving these "cold", clear 65 degree mornings in Santo Domingo; feels just like home (LA).

During the summer here, I simply cannot stop sweating. I mean I sweat morning, noon and night, and I hide from the Sun like I owe it money.

markryan

Jul 16, 2014
Reminds me when my wife joined me n Belgium after our marriage in 2004. The moment she left the AirPort in Amsterdam it started to snow. "Dios me da la bienvenida" she said. Must be amazing feeling snow the first time in your adult life.

The novelty wears off real fast lol