thinking of moving to Luperon

jcrew20

Jun 22, 2005
I think the name is parasio or something like that. As you are leaving the city, heading to Luperon Beach Resort, it is on the left hand side.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
I'm Canadian live 5 miles from luperon and been here 9+ years. Yes the people here are friendly and it's a quiet town now the elections are over. As far as going to Peurto Plata or Santiago if you bargain with the taxis and you can get a good price for all day. Steve's wife and my wife are cousins it's quite a small world and it seem all are related. If you plan on moving down here PM me if you need any special information

iamcanadian

May 17, 2010
I'm Canadian live 5 miles from luperon and been here 9+ years. Yes the people here are friendly and it's a quiet town now the elections are over. As far as going to Peurto Plata or Santiago if you bargain with the taxis and you can get a good price for all day. Steve's wife and my wife are cousins it's quite a small world and it seem all are related. If you plan on moving down here PM me if you need any special information

Thanks Mart1n, We were there during the elections and what a display that was! What fun! I'm starting a 10 month course here but as soon as it's finished we will be there with bells on. I'd love to meet you and your wife. We'll have to meet for cervezas at Steve's and I can see how Stephanie and Pearl have grown......sweet kids.

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
I have lived in the DR for a long time and have visited Luperon numerous times over the years. I am a small town guy so that was always the appeal. But the last time I visited- about a month ago, I was very saddened by the condition of Luperon. To me it seemed a small town on a steep decline on all fronts, a shell of what it was, say 10years ago. For any posters who knew Luperon 5-10 years ago, I would like to know your perception K

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
I know what your talking about that's why they have kicked out the old government and put in a new. Now we will see what happens

iamcanadian

May 17, 2010
I heard that the roads are ripped up to put in new sewers. Did I hear wrong? lol. I still think it is pretty and it has the quiet life we are looking for. We've had enough of the go-go-go mentality and are looking forward to enjoying a slower paced life. If the price we pay for this quiet is some ripped up roads and intermittent hydro we are fine with that. The consumerism of North America is rampant and soul-sucking. Cheers to the DR and all her lovely people.:classic:

captcrunch

Apr 18, 2010
Traveled to Luperon many times by boat and always enjoyed my stay there. Yes, Capt Steve's place is a great place to eat or just hang out. There are many other places to eat and play too. Several tiki style places. The people are very friendly and helpful. I made several lasting friendships during my stays. Rent a dirt bike and take the winding road west along the coast to nowhere. Visit the little marina for a good time and live music. Fresh fish and lobster are boated in on a regular basis by local fishermen. I've had still alive snapper cleaned and on the grill. Have a good time. I always did. Capt Michael