This is my 7th summer in a row I'm staying in Santiago. Looking to hang out

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Gary's right with the Sosua and Caberete recommendation. There are also a ton of reasonably priced apartment rentals in the Bavaro/ El Corticito area that are within a block or 2 of a white sand beach. Also lots of good restaurants and bars in the area.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Boca chica is not the best beach.

Neither is punta cana.

You could stay at a hostel on kite beach and learn to kite surf, takes a week of daily classes.

Las galeras is also somewhere I'd like to go for a week.

We could meet up for dinner some night in Santiago with Gary expat

Hey Pal you may not know this but there are more than one beach in PC. prolly 20 beaches

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I've been to boca chica the first summer i stayed in santiago. Maybe i can do the resort thing there. Any ideas on prices to expect during the summer? I don't drink much so i should stay clear of what you mentioned
If you want to meet middle class and up Dominicanas, Boca Chica IS NOT THE PLACE! Unless you are able to get in at the Santo Domingo Yacht Club which despite the name it's in Boca Chica. That's probably the only place in all of Boca Chica that a respectable person from certain societal levels would visit and let everyone know they were there. Everywhere else in Boca Chica, minus the vacation homes of some families east of the Hamaca resort, not so much. Even then, when visiting the SDYC, no one really says they were in BC, but specifically mention the SDYC, because BC can lead to unnecessary misunderstandings.

If its middle class / college educated Dominicanas, the best shots are at Juan Dolio and mostly on the weekends/holidays periods. The part of Villas de Mar is probably the best area for this in all of Juan Dolio. Juan Dolio is a name you can drop back in the city and it will not cause the wrong type of shock that Boca Chica creates among certain people.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
If you want to meet middle class and up Dominicanas, Boca Chica IS NOT THE PLACE! Unless you are able to get in at the Santo Domingo Yacht Club which despite the name it's in Boca Chica. That's probably the only place in all of Boca Chica that a respectable person from certain societal levels would visit and let everyone know they were there. Everywhere else in Boca Chica, minus the vacation homes of some families east of the Hamaca resort, not so much. Even then, when visiting the SDYC, no one really says they were in BC, but specifically mention the SDYC, because BC can lead to unnecessary misunderstandings.

If its middle class / college educated Dominicanas, the best shots are at Juan Dolio and mostly on the weekends/holidays periods. The part of Villas de Mar is probably the best area for this in all of Juan Dolio. Juan Dolio is a name you can drop back in the city and it will not cause the wrong type of shock that Boca Chica creates among certain people.

Would respectable Dominicans from certain societal levels be caught in or near Sosua? I believe both locales carry the same reputation. Although not a fan of either place, with the exception of a restaurant or two in Boca Chica, I do not denigrate the Dominicans that reside there as some here choose to do.

joof

Jul 10, 2012
Boca chica is not the best beach.

Neither is punta cana.

You could stay at a hostel on kite beach and learn to kite surf, takes a week of daily classes.

Las galeras is also somewhere I'd like to go for a week.

We could meet up for dinner some night in Santiago with Gary expat

Hey. Do you want to talk in a private message and exchange numbers? I can meet anywhere in santiago-my apartment is by aloha sol

I have some friends and friends of friends looking at prices for me to stay at a beach for anywhere from 1 week to one month starting this weekend. When i come back next year i could stay at the place (s) i tried out This year.

I want to walk to the beach so i don't have to take taxis and concho publicos to get to the beach

joof

Jul 10, 2012
Gary's right with the Sosua and Caberete recommendation. There are also a ton of reasonably priced apartment rentals in the Bavaro/ El Corticito area that are within a block or 2 of a white sand beach. Also lots of good restaurants and bars in the area.

Do you have any contact's to these places? Or do you just look them up. I prefer to get to know whoever owns the places so they become my security and look out for me a bit once they realize i come back every year.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
After 7 years he should be able to go without a wingman/bodyguard ? Just sayin'

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Cabarete would probably be a great place, and the suggestion of kite surfing is fantastic. The Kite Beach Inn is clean and affordable, and right on the beach. There was a great ocean side restaurant right there, and its definitely within walking distance of some other great places to eat. If you're on a budget, they have a community kitchen where you can cook your own meals. Highly recommended.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Gringos have money, Dominicans have time in hands to spend!

JJ

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Santiago is great. May I ask... Why summer?

IMO Winter is better.

johnnj2000

Mar 27, 2004
LUperon is a great place to visit and hang out at Wendys Bar meet loads of ex-pats . I arrived yesterday and it was the first place I headed for.
Cool ocean breeze , cold beer, good rum selection and plenty of restaurants to choose from. Nothing high-class.

Been coming here for 9 years and never regretted the visits.

Lots of chicas and chicos... whatever you wish.
No need of a body guard especially one who protects his client from others who may draw from the pocketbook.
Very protective, those body guards!!

The Malicoln in Puerto Playa is definitely getting better and Wendy's is a great Casita to visit , there are quite a few of these little houses along the beach there and it's really nice, but mind you , it is not like Sosua or Cabarette with plenty of hotels close by.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
Hey Joof - I'm from Philly too! And we're close in age.... alas, I'm a woman and not into looking for the ladies. Santiago is a great place. Are you still volunteering and coaching basketball?

Apr 7, 2014
Hey. Do you want to talk in a private message and exchange numbers? I can meet anywhere in santiago-my apartment is by aloha sol

I have some friends and friends of friends looking at prices for me to stay at a beach for anywhere from 1 week to one month starting this weekend. When i come back next year i could stay at the place (s) i tried out This year.

I want to walk to the beach so i don't have to take taxis and concho publicos to get to the beach
That neighborhood isnt the best to meet the middle class women you want to meet.
Would respectable Dominicans from certain societal levels be caught in or near Sosua? I believe both locales carry the same reputation. Although not a fan of either place, with the exception of a restaurant or two in Boca Chica, I do not denigrate the Dominicans that reside there as some here choose to do.
Boca Chica is horrible place. Anybody who recommended it isnt a guy you want to hang around.

The Thermoquad Cowboy

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
That neighborhood isnt the best to meet the middle class women you want to meet.Boca Chica is horrible place. Anybody who recommended it isnt a guy you want to hang around.

The Thermoquad Cowboy

well said Cowboy its loaded with aids and locasl bugging the blank out of you to buy something.....there are two nice restaurants

joof

Jul 10, 2012
Hey Joof - I'm from Philly too! And we're close in age.... alas, I'm a woman and not into looking for the ladies. Santiago is a great place. Are you still volunteering and coaching basketball?

Hey lateacher. I finished coaching for this summer but may still atttend a few practices. The language barrier made things next to impossible so next year i may ask for the youngest group since they need the most help and don't argue as much with each other. Plus it wasn't my team i followed the main coach so i was more of an assistant who just wanted to see if this is a viable option for the future. I coach back home so it's a lot easier to start a team from day 1 then show up in the middle of the season

Where do you stay?

joof

Jul 10, 2012
That neighborhood isnt the best to meet the middle class women you want to meet.Boca Chica is horrible place. Anybody who recommended it isnt a guy you want to hang around.

The Thermoquad Cowboy
What neighborhood are you talking about?

Just an fyi I have no plans to go to boca chica. I went there 7 years ago once or twice when i stayed in santiago. I know it's seedy. I also had a friend from dr1 or couchsurfing who lived in juan dolio. I Dont think he's on this site anymore or that site anymore. He showed me around a bit