This time really done with Presidente.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Hot beer:cross-eye clumpy beer:cross-eye salty beer:cross-eye BIG NO NO.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Had my first Bohemia in a while. I prefer it over Presidente because it's close in taste to our Canadian beers. Noticed a slightly different taste. My Luperon amigo swears the new Bohemia has chemicals added to it. Didn't really notice after the fourth Grande.

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
beer is like anything else. there is no best, just like hamburgers , whiskey or anything else. people like what they like.

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
I like Presidente, but something has changed with the light version. It gives me a headache. Maybe something has changed in me. Anyone else?

could be the c02 content is off. to make beer all the co2 is removed from water, it is saved and then added back into the beer after fermentation,, even additional co2 is needed. CO2 goes into your blood stream and excess makes your brain hurt.
could be quality control or just your head

Jan 7, 2016
I never drink beer out of aluminum cans...ever since I thought I was getting Altzheimer's and couldn't remember how to use a pull-tab....:confused:

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
What are you talking about? Presidente is a pretty good beer. The key is that it has to be just at near freezinf temperature (ceniza) or it does not taste that good. I know beer as I am a beer-do. Lived in Germany for a while and they make the best beer hands down. It's so good they drink it at room temperature (probably b/c it does not get very hot there) but the best of all is St Augustinia that cost $12 bucks a six pack, but well worth it. Benn to Ocktoberfest more than once as well as lived in Germany. Outside of Europe, Presidente is a decent beer.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I hate beer but I drink Presidente because at nearly freezing temperature I can't taste the taste of beer.

That s says it all. :laugh:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I hate beer but I drink Presidente because at nearly freezing temperature I can't taste the taste of beer.

I know many Dominicans that put a bit of Red Bull or it's Dominican counterpart image_cintronenergydrink1.jpg to change the taste a bit.

Personally, I like to put clamato.jpg

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

I don't like beer, I find it bitter with an after taste (all of them !!). Needless to say, you could torture me with a Guiness.

I can NOT feel that bitterness in Presidente because it is served so cold, so I can drink one or 2 the most. If the Presidente warms up a little, i don't like it.

Got it ?

I love Rhum on the other hand, Barcelo especially :)

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007

Same here. As extreme cold or heat dampens flavor, having something that can only be consumed when nearly frozen is seldom a good thing.

That said, I don't really get beer. I tend to like sweeter drinks, and/or to be able to appreciate the alcohol.

Beer generally is bitter, and the alcohol content is non-existent, so I'm not trying to stock up.

I like the sweet ales (like Redd's and others) just fine.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I don't like beer, I find it bitter with an after taste (all of them !!). Needless to say, you could torture me with a Guiness.

I can NOT feel that bitterness in Presidente because it is served so cold, so I can drink one or 2 the most. If the Presidente warms up a little, i don't like it.

Got it ?

I love Rhum on the other hand, Barcelo especially :)

Yup. That, right there.

Have you ever tried Ron Atlantico? Costs more, but very tasty....

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
A Presidente or 2 a day may be the safest drink for you non alcoholics. I used think it was bottled water until the last big Dasani and smaller water bottle both had dead flies.