Thousands apply to join the Police; new wages and perks motivate young people

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Solicitan-Ingreso-Policia-Diario-Libre-576x1024.jpg

A RD$20,463 starting salary and perks including university tuition, free transport, medical and life insurance, have attracted thousands to apply to join the National Police force. The new wages were instituted during the Abinader administration to attract new and better-educated members. Now a high-school degree is required. Previously, an eighth-grade degree was fine.

The Police has carried out a major media campaign to encourage young people to join the force.

A new training program has been instituted under educators Aida Consuelo Bonelly and Mu Kien Sang.

Read more in Spanish:Diario Libre

25 March 2024

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bachata

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
Locally in Punta Cana, the wage increase has not brought a higher calibre of officers, at least to Digisett. Same inefficiencies and money-grabbing tactics as always.

• Wow
Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Locally in Punta Cana, the wage increase has not brought a higher calibre of officers, at least to Digisett. Same inefficiencies and money-grabbing tactics as always.
And the traffic police have always been a higher caliber than the regular police. They don't ask for such things in Cabarete.

How bad must be the regular police in PC?

Reactions: NanSanPedro

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
And the traffic police have always been a higher caliber than the regular police. They don't ask for such things in Cabarete.

How bad must be the regular police in PC?
What PN? Never encountered one in many years. The base is actually in Veron.........

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Digisett (former Amet) was always way ahead of Policia Nacional. They even oposed to be united with the Police several years ago. Higher Education was mandatory for being accepted to amet. There is a saying about policia nacional; Why they are always appear in couples !? One can read and the other can write.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What PN? Never encountered one in many years. The base is actually in Veron.........
No idea what police you do and don't have in Punta Cana. I have never been there, that is why I asked.

You only have Digesett there? No other police in Punta Cana?

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Digisett (former Amet) was always way ahead of Policia Nacional. They even oposed to be united with the Police several years ago. Higher Education was mandatory for being accepted to amet. There is a saying about policia nacional; Why they are always appear in couples !? One can read and the other can write.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
My only interaction with any police was being pulled over in Sosua by Digisett for not wearing a seatbelt. The officer spoke good english,yes sir,no sir thank you sir,could not have been more professional. Then he handed me my 2500 (mas o menos)peso ticket hahahaha...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My wife has been frequently stopped by Digesett in Cabarete. They pull up her license on their cell phones to verify it , check the insurance and send her on her way.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
"A new training program has been instituted under educators Aida Consuelo Bonelly and Mu Kien Sang."

I took a minute and looked up both of these educators. Neither of them have any experience in law enforcement. Zero. None.
What the heck?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
"A new training program has been instituted under educators Aida Consuelo Bonelly and Mu Kien Sang."

I took a minute and looked up both of these educators. Neither of them have any experience in law enforcement. Zero. None.
What the heck?

I'm guessing great educators know how to pick and choose their resources.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I'm guessing great educators know how to pick and choose their resources.
Could be..
but if not?

I find it strange they have selected educators with zero law enforcement experience between the two of them.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Digisett agents are now asking that bribes be deposited in their bank accounts... or else.

If the driver doesn't have cash available, a bank transaction is the next best thing. Pa' que lo sepa.

• Haha
Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Digisett agents are now asking that bribes be deposited in their bank accounts... or else.

If the driver doesn't have cash available, a bank transaction is the next best thing. Pa' que lo sepa.
That would be Digesett. I frequently make the same spelling error.

They never ask my wife for any money. Nor do they ask me.

iu