Throwing in the towel

Status
Not open for further replies.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Good Grief!

Oh brother here we go again.

What do you mean by that?
Had you not posted that nonsense about crime as a non-issue and traffic as relatively safe, I would not have seen any reason to respond.

Do you really think your opinion deserves to go unchallenged? :rolleyes:

After your absurd and ridiculous negation of the Dominican traffic danger, I am now waiting for your spin on the crime situation.
Mind you, the article reports how the Dominicans feel about it, not me... ;)

donP

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the noobs on this forum and for those who think "science" is anything that is published by the NYT and WHO the DR is less dangerous than many other countries for driving, including the US imo for MOST GRINGOS.

Why do I make that claim? Well for one the real fatality rate in the DR is half of what is reported and the majority is due to motorcycle accidents no doubt where alcohol is involved no doubt at night. Therefore if you don't want to be involved in an accident don't drink and drive on your motorcycle at night.

In fact, comparing non motorcycle vehicular traffic I'm sure the Dr is a safer place to drive mostly because of the lower average travel speeds and the general superior defensive driving skills of drivers here .

And, the winner for the best Denial of the year award goes to........

award.jpg

You tell them Chip, teach those gringos who can't even say Defense driving in Spanish. Bravo !!!!!!

Keep up the the good work :laugh:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
What do you mean by that?
Had you not posted that nonsense about crime as a non-issue and traffic as relatively safe, I would not have seen any reason to respond.

Do you really think your opinion deserves to go unchallenged? :rolleyes:

After your absurd and ridiculous negation of the Dominican traffic danger, I am now waiting for your spin on the crime situation.
Mind you, the article reports how the Dominicans feel about it, not me... ;)

donP

Anecdotal evidence never trumps actual evidence.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
We must be living on a totally different Island!!! Slower and more defensive?! OMG I don't think so!

Do you need glasses? I see a horrible wreck at least once a week! Just last night there was a brutal accident on my way home.

You make a good point, in tourist areas where everyone is drunk most of the time accidents no doubt more frequent that in other parts of the country. The problem is some of these areas attract gringos who pay big money for drugs and prostitution thereby attracting persons from all over the country with similar lack of values.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
City Traffic with Few Accidents?

I agree with Chip on the traffic thingie. One cannot drive around any USA city for 3 weeks without seeing a "Bad accident." And in 3 years here I have seen 2 only.

Could it be that you do not drive around in Dominican cities (let's say SD, Stgo., SFdM) a lot (3 weeks)? ;)

donP

You make a good point, in tourist areas where everyone is drunk most of the time accidents no doubt more frequent that in other parts of the country. The problem is some of these areas attract gringos who pay big money for drugs and prostitution thereby attracting persons from all over the country with similar lack of values.

I'm not talking just tourist areas, I am including Santiago, SD, POP, Moca etc. I've seen 2 dead Moto peeps just lying there on 2 different occasions not in tourist areas.

Not even gonna bother touching on the drugged up mongers lmao.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Moped Experience

Anecdotal evidence never trumps actual evidence.

Your 'evidence' is obviously based on the range of your moped tours.
Brush up your Spanish and read the papers!
Be careful, there are graphic photos there...

Or could it be that most accidents happen while you're at church? :rolleyes:

donP

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Your 'evidence' is obviously based on the range of your moped tours.
Brush up your Spanish and read the papers!
Be careful, there are graphic photos there...

Or could it be that most accidents happen while you're at church? :rolleyes:

donP

No it is the reported traffic fatalities not adjusted by the GDP, etc.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
ROLLOUT, you've gotten all the help these people are capable of offering, hopefully there is something useful between all the bickering and OT posts.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.