Timeshare...

Poetin

Oct 29, 2002
www.gamers4ever.net
Sorry if it's the wrong forum (didn't knwo where to place the question in the first place), but I have a small question on timeshare holidays.

I was in DR last october (Casa Marina Beach, Sosua). On one occassion a timeshare holiday was offered to me. It was in the resort itself. An european guy came to me and asked if I had some spare time on my hands so he could tell me something and make a great offer. So I stayed with this guy and listened to his story.

Basicly, he was offering a timeshare holiday package. Nice hotel, book anytime you want, if you book with more people it'll be cheaper and that sort of stuff. It sounded great, but there is one thing that troubled me (actually made me decline his offer). The guy asked a deposit of 700 USD up front.

It wasn't just one guy who has been practising that in the resort. Actually it was a whole group of Europeans, Americans, etc.

My question is: How realiable is this timeshare holiday arrangement? this would be good to know if I come something like this across next time.

Thanks in advance.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Poetin said:

Basicly, he was offering a timeshare holiday package. Nice hotel, book anytime you want, if you book with more people it'll be cheaper and that sort of stuff. It sounded great, but there is one thing that troubled me (actually made me decline his offer). The guy asked a deposit of 700 USD up front.

It wasn't just one guy who has been practising that in the resort. Actually it was a whole group of Europeans, Americans, etc.

My question is: How realiable is this timeshare holiday arrangement? this would be good to know if I come something like this across next time.

Thanks in advance.

Like SPAM but in person.

Don't believe everything you hear and since I doubt there is any cooling off period you are stuck with whatever you buy. Don't believe the exhangeability to other resorts, don't believe you can go whenever YOU want, don't believe there are no additional fees.

Just book at a hotel when and where you want.

Poetin

Oct 29, 2002
www.gamers4ever.net
thank you very much people!

Everyone who mailed me and posted a reply, thank you for your fast and clear response!

I'm happy with my decission then and i will hold on to it in the future!

I wish everyone happy holidays!

Alex

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
This is just a site shilling timeshares no doubt posted by someone (with 2 of all 3 posts) interested in selling timeshares. The prior posts are bang on, learn to like the ONE spot forever as practically speaking that is the one you get and you prepay for the privilege to never have flexibility in your vacation choices until you die.