tinaco problems

gray

Apr 11, 2013
thanks everyone for your responses. i can not tell if my pictures are viewable for you guys. if not it makes it hard to explain the setup i have thus confusing for others to explain. sorry about that.

can someone reply that they can view my pics or not? otherwise i will try another site for pics

CARIBETORNO

May 3, 2013
that's what you said in description. that is pretty standard installation..now go put the check valve in. they are cheap. you could have been done by now lol.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
If as you said in post #1 your tinaco fills up under city pressure and then drains back out into the public system over the course of an hour, the check valve in the drawing (near the tinaco) is not your problem. As I?ve said the only symptoms associated with a failure of that check valve (aside from a cracked case visibly leaking whenever water is that high in the house system) are:
1.) Water coming out of the top of the tinaco under city pressure (valve doesn?t close)
2.) Tinaco is always full and there is still no pressure at the taps when city pressure is off (valve doesn?t open)
You need to either find the check valve between the public system and the house system and fix it or put another one in an accessible place. I?m looking at your pictures now, and in #1 I see a pit with two ball valves in it. If that is where your water comes into the house from the street it would be a good place for a check valve. Be careful to install it so that it closes easily.

Last edited:

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
the poor guy is just RENTING..... now you people have turned into a HandyMan on site !!:p

He'll be out buying tools next !!!!

Ken will be posting a Sosua News article about an ex-pat who drowned while repairing his cistern.....
and we''ll all scream that his chica drowned him

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That's it..... its another RD scam.... the live-in chica has deliberately scuttled the water system and is insisting on a repair.

Gray will jump into the cistern and she'll turn on the water...... drowning like a rat.....

Another homicide to be solved by the collective Clouseaus of DR!

Or , worse yet - a potential Homocide....

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
I think gray is female, and regardless of tenant or ownership status you still need water. I find interruptions in water much more aggravating than the electrical ones. When it happened to me I was renting, but I estimated that it would be cheaper and faster to do it myself than to try to convince the landlord that it was a significant problem, and then have her fix it.