To protect and to serve...... NOT

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Dominicans are not the sharpest tacks in the box" because they think CHANGE is MOVING OUT of the Dominican Republic.
UNTIL they have the $$$ to come back to their beloved patria to live in style.

If you want "Checks and Balances" I suggest you stay in the states.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I have seen very few nationalities who love their country with ht fervor Dominicans do. Even in the states they constantly express their love for the DR more than their appreciation of the US. Dominicans leave for economic reasons. I have rarely, if ever, heard of a Dominican who wants to leave or left because they didn't love their country anymore and wanted to start anew elsewhere...

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I have seen very few nationalities who love their country with ht fervor Dominicans do. Even in the states they constantly express their love for the DR more than their appreciation of the US. Dominicans leave for economic reasons. I have rarely, if ever, heard of a Dominican who wants to leave or left because they didn't love their country anymore and wanted to start anew elsewhere...

This is oh so true it almost seems like they're blind or brainwashed.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This is oh so true it almost seems like they're blind or brainwashed.

Maybe some of the people that live in other countries are "blind or brainwashed", but you need to be blind not to love living in the DR opposed to a lot of other places.

Randall Bell

Feb 17, 2012
Sorry if the Philistine comment hurt any feelings. It wasn't intentional :). But sorry, extrajudicial killings are not a step in the right direction. I'm pretty sure if given a choice between a system that worked, and extrajudicial killings, most if not all dominicans would vote for the former - this is why la suena de su vida es 'pa manga mi visa' and live in nuevo yol is it not?

Anyways, as outsiders, yes we have to balance 'imposing' our own will on 'their' country, though not sure what 'their' means considering some of the expats here have been living in DR for decades, but at the same time there should be some universal truths that we should stand up for - if you think it's paternalistic, that's your opinion.

Child prostitution - okay I'll stand up and 'impose' my will on the locals and denounce it.
Corruption - ditto.
Extra-judicial killings - present!

Some of you sound like uncle tom's trying to defend the massa for at least 'feeding us for free'. Yes the system is broken, but why defend it?

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
UNTIL they have the $$$ to come back to their beloved patria to live in style.

If you want "Checks and Balances" I suggest you stay in the states.

Live in style? Man!! with bars on their windows, and some half dead a$$ dog they call a guard dog PLEASE!!! Of course they would rather be in DR they are Dominicans. The USA belongs to Americans, Japan belongs to Japanese etc.

I do not live in the DR,US,PR,CR or anywhere else, I LIVE ON THE RUN!!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Sorry if the Philistine comment hurt any feelings. It wasn't intentional :). But sorry, extrajudicial killings are not a step in the right direction. I'm pretty sure if given a choice between a system that worked, and extrajudicial killings, most if not all dominicans would vote for the former - this is why la suena de su vida es 'pa manga mi visa' and live in nuevo yol is it not? *** doesn't sound like you interviewed many Dominicans on the matter. btw, a Nueva Yol Visa may be very popular for a specific portion of people but is by far not the seeked for Life Destin for most, other vthan for a Vacation to see how the northerners push their shopping Carts with their belongings in it ***

Anyways, as outsiders, yes we have to balance 'imposing' our own will on 'their' country, though not sure what 'their' means considering some of the expats here have been living in DR for decades, but at the same time there should be some universal truths that we should stand up for - if you think it's paternalistic, that's your opinion. *** Your Universal Truth is not the wished for Truth for everybody else, I am myself a Foreigner in this Country and I do NOT seek for achievement of Your Truths/what You would like to see the country should be run like, the world is big and offers all variations of ways a Country can be run, everybody fortunate as we expats to be able to choose Where to Live has the Free choice of a Free Man to choose where to spent Life, if one doesn't fit just move on to an other Country where the things are run as it suits You. if they are run at Home so perfect, why spend money and hassles to move away from Home in the first Place? ***

Child prostitution - okay I'll stand up and 'impose' my will on the locals and denounce it. *** while there are of course also bad Guys and Gals in This Country, Child Prostitution exists for it's biggest portion due the 'visiting' Customers and their Demands. ***
Corruption - ditto. *** I like the openly visible and not hidden way of corruption Here much more than the lying and "smiling nice Face showing' corruption in the first world countries, Name me one Country that is not run by any kinda corruption on this Planet??? ***
Extra-judicial killings - present! *** others explained that point in prior postings, this is Latina America, which is for most part run by their Militaries, like here in the DR the Marina de Guerra is the strongest and Country running Force, sure not a elected Party Leader named El Presidente, but on the Other Side, in Countries where Money buys Votes, do you really believe it is the Free People up there North deciding who will be the next President??? ***

Some of you sound like uncle tom's trying to defend the massa for at least 'feeding us for free'. Yes the system is broken, but why defend it?

if you know about a System that is "Not Broken", name it, would be interesting to know about such Paradise City.

Mike

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Yes, you are correct, badpiece. I think most people on this board DO want to impose standards from their own countries, but in the name of JUSTICE for all. Too bad DR cannot be cleaned up anytime soon. Beautiful people living in a beautiful island. Deserve to have a government that takes care of its people.

The point is, people should not impose "their standards" on sovereign countries, you should do so in your own country through the electoral process or as a politician.

Justice for all is very nice sounding, as..... we should all be rich and healthy.
Nice words are not enough to achieve that reality.
In the DR you would have to start with an impartial judicial system and efficient policing.
Amnesty International is NOT going to protect the citizens form murder, rape and robbery.
Sometimes a well placed police bullet does so in the DR.
There are no easy solutions! Take a look at the justice systems in the "Western World" where people who commit heinous crimes are walking the streets after a few years in jail and often re-offend.
However, it is a bonus that our systems are better in general and we don't have to fear the police....
most of the times.

Last not least, be aware of the existing conditions in a country before moving there.
The DR and Thailand will never be Idaho. If you want Idaho you'll have to live there with Mr. Potato Head :classic: ....... But no he'll soon he here in the DR ..... oh dear. :cheeky::cheeky:

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
The point is, people should not impose "their standards" on sovereign countries, you should do so in your own country through the electoral process or as a politician.

Justice for all is very nice sounding, as..... we should all be rich and healthy.
Nice words are not enough to achieve that reality.
In the DR you would have to start with an impartial judicial system and efficient policing.
Amnesty International is NOT going to protect the citizens form murder, rape and robbery.
Sometimes a well placed police bullet does so in the DR.
There are no easy solutions! Take a look at the justice systems in the "Western World" where people who commit heinous crimes are walking the streets after a few years in jail and often re-offend.
However, it is a bonus that our systems are better in general and we don't have to fear the police....
most of the times.

Last not least, be aware of the existing conditions in a country before moving there.
The DR and Thailand will never be Idaho. If you want Idaho you'll have to live there with Mr. Potato Head :classic: ....... But no he'll soon he here in the DR ..... oh dear. :cheeky::cheeky:

Your point is well taken Lobo. Perhaps a bad choice of words on my part. I don`t expect to click my sparkly ruby slippers and miraculously make change. Yes, in the western world, judicial systems are sometimes flawed, and those that commit heinous crimes are sometimes given sentences that definetly do not fit the crime or released from prison on early parole. But, for the most...........our system works. Strong government. One thing I do agree with in part is DR prison, where one is basically thrown in a hole and their families have to take care of feeding them. No tv, internet, exercise rooms, 3 squares a day etc. Our jails here are a joke for those who do commit such horrible crimes, they have it made. Oh well, lots more to say on this subject, but right now I have to dust off my ruby slippers and get at it.;)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Your point is well taken Lobo. Perhaps a bad choice of words on my part. I don`t expect to click my sparkly ruby slippers and miraculously make change. Yes, in the western world, judicial systems are sometimes flawed, and those that commit heinous crimes are sometimes given sentences that definetly do not fit the crime or released from prison on early parole. But, for the most...........our system works. Strong government. One thing I do agree with in part is DR prison, where one is basically thrown in a hole and their families have to take care of feeding them. No tv, internet, exercise rooms, 3 squares a day etc. Our jails here are a joke for those who do commit such horrible crimes, they have it made. Oh well, lots more to say on this subject, but right now I have to dust off my ruby slippers and get at it.;)

Where do you get your info on jails in the DR? A friend of mine was in a jail here for 3 months until he was completely cleared of some phony land fraud charge. Anyway, he had money and your description of jail here is not what he described to me. You want your girlfriend to see you every day, no problem, don't have a grirlfriend, no problem, as their are hookers allowed in every day to satisfy your needs. Cell phone, no problem, internet the signal is a bit weak on that one.

Yes, you need to buy your own food, but for a few pesos it will be delivered to you. I could go on and on.

And he was in a serious jail, not a holding cell place.

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
From what I have seen of the justice system(almost every place) is that the ranks of prosecutors an l/e are overly represented by men hating lesbians, and with all the power and continuing getting more power, reflects on all the false convictions that are so common but hardly reported.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I am glad you asked. The 1% is my Haitian brothers and sister that do not EXIST on paper in the Dominican Republic, but I will include them ALL DAY!!!

I had wondered from reading your posts why you never said anything positive about the DR.All you make is
negative comments.If you feel that your brothers and sister are being discriminated,advise them to return to
Haiti,where i'm sure they will be better off.Like the saying goes,if you can't stand the heat,get out of the kitchen.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I had wondered from reading your posts why you never said anything positive about the DR.All you make is
negative comments.If you feel that your brothers and sister are being discriminated,advise them to return to
Haiti,where i'm sure they will be better off.Like the saying goes,if you can't stand the heat,get out of the kitchen.

Sometimes I wonder is education that bad all over the world. What is this thread about? Give me one POSITIVE thing about the National Police? I DEAL with FACTS not from gringos or the expat community but from the horses mouths. I was only replying to some SMART A$$ comment by Tropical Lobo, but live it up some out of place NON DOMINICAN to come to the rescure.

Dominicans are 2nd to none when it comes to MUSIC & DANCING maybe just a a BIT behind Puerto Ricans now that I think about it because of Hector Lavoe the greatest singer ever to walk the earth. Now for the Dominican police force they SUCKK!! Why should I tell you there GREAT, unless you would like me to. Okay they are GREAT!!

Please tell me Bronze that you are least part Dominican that way I will understand your NEED to say Haitians need to return to Haiti even thought some of them were born in DR and still can't get a cedula or a passport. NO non Dominican should ever make a remark that the Haitians should return home. Where were you born?

Fix your THOUGHTS and your HEART and learn how to LOVE yourself. Notice you could not dispute what I said about the many Haitians in the DR stuck because they are not citizens of Haiti nor DR. Take the EASY way out and CALL me negative and tell Haitians to go HOME.

BTW No need for you to WONDER wow!! Bronzeallspice YOU GOT ME( I give people what they want) I AM HAITIAN I thought I can FOOL people but you got me!! The reason why I said 'my Haitian bothers and sisters READ CAREFULLY:
One Nation
One People
One Word
One Message
One God

ONE LOVE!!!!!

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Sometimes I wonder is education that bad all over the world. What is this thread about? Give me one POSITIVE thing about the National Police? I DEAL with FACTS not from gringos or the expat community but from the horses mouths. I was only replying to some SMART A$$ comment by Tropical Lobo, but live it up some out of place NON DOMINICAN to come to the rescure.

Dominicans are 2nd to none when it comes to MUSIC & DANCING maybe just a a BIT behind Puerto Ricans now that I think about it because of Hector Lavoe the greatest singer ever to walk the earth. Now for the Dominican police force they SUCKK!! Why should I tell you there GREAT, unless you would like me to. Okay they are GREAT!!

Please tell me Bronze that you are least part Dominican that way I will understand your NEED to say Haitians need to return to Haiti even thought some of them were born in DR and still can't get a cedula or a passport. NO non Dominican should ever make a remark that the Haitians should return home. Where were you born?

Fix your THOUGHTS and your HEART and learn how to LOVE yourself. Notice you could not dispute what I said about the many Haitians in the DR stuck because they are not citizens of Haiti nor DR. Take the EASY way out and CALL me negative and tell Haitians to go HOME.

BTW No need for you to WONDER wow!! Bronzeallspice YOU GOT ME( I give people what they want) I AM HAITIAN I thought I can FOOL people but you got me!! The reason why I said 'my Haitian bothers and sisters READ CAREFULLY:
One Nation
One People
One Word
One Message
One God

ONE LOVE!!!!!

Sorry for my ignorance,i was not aware that Haitians born in the DR were not giving any status and documentation.In my opinion that is wrong even though i am part Italian and part Dominican.I am now living in the DR but i see that i have a few things to learn.