to re enter usa from the dr ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
am going to dr in may . i have had both my shots . will i need a neg test in order to return to usa?

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
As if today the answer is YES. But things may change over the next couple of months.

BObK

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Windy would be a better source than me here. I only know about Puerto Plata, and no need to go there.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
I would think the proof of both shots and a negative test BEFORE leaving should suffice. Safe side? Get another negative test before you leave to the US.

• Haha
Reactions: BermudaRum

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I would think the proof of both shots and a negative test BEFORE leaving should suffice. Safe side? Get another negative test before you leave to the US.
You must get a negative PCR or Antigen test taken within 3 days of flying to the US or the airline will not let you fly. That is the law now in the US.

Reactions: campesinadeatl

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
You must get a negative PCR or Antigen test taken within 3 days of flying to the US or the airline will not let you fly. That is the law now in the US.
a friend told me that cmc does testing and that it can be done at the airport. i willsee what is available when i arrive . so much fun . thanks sky i left note for windy

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
a friend told me that cmc does testing and that it can be done at the airport. i willsee what is available when i arrive . so much fun . thanks sky i left note for windy
Advise against doing at airport.. Unless you like paying more.. It was $37 at a local lab. There is a Complete list on US State Dept website for every region.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In Punta Cana you can get an Antigen test for 1800-1900 rd. IMG and a local lab.

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
from what i was reading this could be an airline requirement as the cdc says fully vaccinated travelers don,t need the tests? i see a lot of conflicting reports . i hear that airport charges 2000 pesos and they don,t even check it in miami? sounds like typical double talk all the way arround and this will not help getting the tourists back to the dr.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The US or New York State might require one of the these two tests but my experience (as of 3 weeks ago) is noone at either airport asked for it. I kept my $60 document with my passport to show. . . . .?

Reactions: Big

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
from what i was reading this could be an airline requirement as the cdc says fully vaccinated travelers don,t need the tests? i see a lot of conflicting reports . i hear that airport charges 2000 pesos and they don,t even check it in miami? sounds like typical double talk all the way arround and this will not help getting the tourists back to the dr.
It is a US government requirement.

I don't see any ambiguity about it. And, no they don't ask for anything on arrival in US because the airline has already verified your test before you board in DR. They will not let you get on the plane if you don't have documentation of negative covid test.

"Air passengers are required to get a viral test (a test for current infection) within the 3 days before their flight to the U.S. departs, and provide written documentation of their laboratory test result (paper or electronic copy) to the airline or provide documentation of having recovered from COVID-19. Airlines must confirm the negative test result for all passengers or documentation of recovery before they board. If a passenger does not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery, or chooses not to take a test, the airline must deny boarding to the passenger."

Where do you see that CDC says fully vaccinated travelers don't need test results?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Everybody entering the US from a foreign country needs a negative Antigen or PCR test taken within 3 days. There are no tests or anything else yet for domestic travel in the US.

Reactions: campesinadeatl
Status
Not open for further replies.