Top 5 places to stay in Las Terrenas?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I agree. If they like the beach than these two are a very good choice. Playa Las Ballenas is nicer than the other side of town and Playa Popi.

i guess there are two factions.. i find the swimming off Ballenas too shallow... except when you get to the lagoon.. and then there is the issue of the runoff from the icky stuff... there is better snorkeling off Punto Poppi.. but, off course, you will not run into any locals on Ballenas.. that may be an advantage.. or.. to me, a disadvantage..

I MUCH prefer Punto Poppi.. plus the easy acess to the Village.

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
You must try this NEW comfy townhome residence called "Escalonia." These PRIVATE town homes were completed last year, feel like a model home and your only 250 meters from the beach/5 minute walk to the Fisherman's village. Comes complete with wi-fi, color TV, fully equipped kitchen, laundry room, A/C, and YOUR OWN PRIVATE IN-GROUND POOL. (you do not share with anyone!)
We had guests in town and they loved staying there! Sleeps 6-8.
Great rates and excellent staff - Hotel Escalonia in Las Terrenas

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Do you know what the going rate is per day at the Colibri? Thanks!

Colibri is probably somewhere around $85 to $125 per night plus tax, which can be another 20% on top. Google their website for all the info. Great location. If you are renting a vehicle it is perfect otherwise long walk into town and would not do this after dark.

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
What is the name of the condos or hotel that is at the end of the beach in Las Terrenas where you drive West until you cannot drive further, and instead of going left into the gated community, you instead climb the hill (the hill used to be a walking path over to Playa Bonita). At the top of this hill are either condos or a hotel...what are they, and how much do they cost.

Thanks, Frank

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
What is the name of the condos or hotel that is at the end of the beach in Las Terrenas where you drive West until you cannot drive further, and instead of going left into the gated community, you instead climb the hill (the hill used to be a walking path over to Playa Bonita). At the top of this hill are either condos or a hotel...what are they, and how much do they cost.

Thanks, Frank

Frank, the complex at the end at low level is Bonita Village and there are two distinct phases there. I've stayed in a two bed apartment there a few years back short term.......ok....nice pool......no back up generator......there are some newly built apartments on the hill behind.

I think you refer to Loma Bonita where there are a few private large villas that rent for high sums with live in house keeper/cook and have wonderful views across to Playa Bonita and Playa Coson.

Try www.aic-dominicana-inmobiliaria.com Michel

Last edited:

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller

Thanks, Frank

Frank all those villas are listed under Villas for rent on the link given in my earlier e-mail with guide prices seasonally. I say guide prices because I know Michel will negotiate for you with owner.

I visited Kala Kala and that was lovely

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Frank all those villas are listed under Villas for rent on the link given in my earlier e-mail with guide prices seasonally. I say guide prices because I know Michel will negotiate for you with owner.

I visited Kala Kala and that was lovely

Go to VRBO(vacation rental by owner) .com. You might find some rentals listed for this area.

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
I followed Matilda's advice and last week stayed at Dan and Manty's place in Las Terrenas. I went with my two young kids, my wife and my wife's sister. Staying at Dan and Manty's was a very positive experience. We were all comfortable and enjoyed Dan and Manty's hospitality and knowledge about LT. I highly recommend them:

http://lasterrenashostels.com/

DRDreamer72

Nov 17, 2014
I quite like Villas Los Suenos in LT, next to the city municipal offices. A set of 7 self catering villas, arranged around a large (22m) pool with free wifi, good kitchen and gas BBQ. Couple of 1 bed and a couple of 2/3 bed villas.

Generally quite, easy walk to supermarkets and to the beach.

Booked it through AirBnB.