Toronto Blue Jays with Dominican Players getting it Done! 11 wins in a Row!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
In the end great pitching beats good batting. KC was the team with the best record in the AL , they deserved to win, but Toronto was vey close to getting there.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In the end great pitching beats good batting. KC was the team with the best record in the AL , they deserved to win, but Toronto was vey close to getting there.

Close counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. It was the Price they paid that bit them regarding Toronto.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Just hop over to the Mets!! Bartolo Colon, Hansel Robles, Juan Lagares, and Jeurys Familia are all Dominican and part of something very exciting at Citi Field! Colon, a former Cy Young award winner, has not only led the team in wins each of the last two seasons even though he's now 42, but his tutelage and example has helped mold a young, talented staff. Lagares won last year's Gold Glove award while Familia has learned his closer role on the fly and has performed phenomenally all season!! Meet the Mets!!

markryan

Jul 16, 2014
wasn't Price that lost the game.

0-12 with runners in scoring position lost the game. Price has sucked in the playoffs very true. Price was 9-1 in the regular season and was a big part of the playoff run. Still cant believe that guy scored from first on a single head up baseball.

JLA1125

Aug 14, 2013
Just hop over to the Mets!! Bartolo Colon, Hansel Robles, Juan Lagares, and Jeurys Familia are all Dominican and part of something very exciting at Citi Field! Colon, a former Cy Young award winner, has not only led the team in wins each of the last two seasons even though he's now 42, but his tutelage and example has helped mold a young, talented staff. Lagares won last year's Gold Glove award while Familia has learned his closer role on the fly and has performed phenomenally all season!! Meet the Mets!!

The Royals aren't without their Dominican players. (Yordano Ventura, Edinson Volquez, Kelvin Herrera, Johnny Cueto)

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
I am a Blue Jays fan 100% and proud of what they accomplished this year. No one saw it coming not even the Blue Jays. Therefore, I thank them for what thy have given the city of Toronto and the country. It was long over due to see that type of baseball in Toronto.

I do not like the other AL East teams at all and was glad to see the usual suspects fall to the wayside.

That being said, I always pick another team to support in the playoffs because I do enjoy watching other teams. This year I chose the Mets if the Blue Jays don't succeed. Thus far I have enjoyed watching them play and the irony is a couple of their players D'Arnaud and Syndergaard are from the Blue Jays' farm system. Makes one wonder, what if?

I like the Mets and they have played good baseball all year round. Getting Yoenis C?spedes was a bonus and Daniel Murphy's bat has come alive at the right time. I enjoy watching Juan Lagares play too. They showed potential in 2014 to be a good ball club and it has all come together now.

Hopefully the Jays will fill the gaps they need to fill in order to have a strong 2016 and in the meantime Go Mets!

-MP.

4*4*4

Bronze
May 4, 2015
Great post, Mariano!! As a long time Mets fan, I have always (since '77 anyway) respected the Blue Jays and their focus on homegrown talent. Bell, Fernandez, Olerud and Griffin were always fun to watch. Enjoy!!

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Thanks. I am so glad to hear that and I really like the Mets of 2015. Last year they played an exhibition game in the Big O in Montreal which I went to and that's when they really caught my attention. I think they are overshadowed by other big name teams in the NL but the league will wake up now.

Well, they always say good pitching stops good hitting and the Mets have the edge over the Royals (and don't have the horrible attitude of Yordano Ventura).

I hope the Mets pull it off and silence the critics. Go Mets go!

-MP.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I've never watched a whole baseball game always thought it was kind of boring but in the past month or so I sure got my fill. It's been an exciting month I've learnt a lot about baseball (kind of), sad that the Jays lost but we'll do this again next year.

Now I'll cheer for the Mets although I might not watch an entire game. Go Mets

John Gibbons lost the game, by not knowing how to play small ball! 9th inning.
Runners on 3rd and 2nd, nobody out, call for the suicide squeeze, if it didn't work still runners on 3rd and 1st with 1 out.

Let's face it Jays need a new manager, Gibbons needs to go!

Cubs manager Madden would have pulled that play off

Mets will win the World Series.