Toyota Mechanic

sealuva

Jun 12, 2018
Can anyone recommend a good Toyota mechanic? One that can do a timing belt kit change and other technical maintenance to dos. It can be anywhere in the country. Thanks all

sealuva

Jun 12, 2018
FWIW. I always take my Toyota to the Dealer in Santo Domingo. Worth the peace of mind.
I get it, but even techs at the big dealers can really stink. I had such a bad experience with incompetence with the Honda dealer in the capital.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
FWIW. I always take my Toyota to the Dealer in Santo Domingo. Worth the peace of mind.
I might be the best option, when garantee is involved, but as he asks about the T-belt I thought it might be an older car, and he asks for a mechanic.
That’s why I recomended Franklin who replaced a 3.0 d engine in my FIL’s (RIP) Prado in two or three hours, and it still runs smooth without troubles.
He would fix the T-belt with his sunglasses on.

Reactions: JD Jones

sealuva

Jun 12, 2018
I might be the best option, when garantee is involved, but as he asks about the T-belt I thought it might be an older car, and he asks for a mechanic.
That’s why I recomended Franklin who replaced a 3.0 d engine in my FIL’s (RIP) Prado in two or three hours, and it still runs smooth without troubles.
He would fix the T-belt with his sunglasses on.
Can you provide me with his contact info? Thanks

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
2006 Lexus LX470. Same as the Land Cruiser. LC100 series.
The LC100 is the big boy, the Lexus LX470 is the same as the smaller the 120 series. (4 door) Mine is a 125 series. (2 door)

The 2003 - 2009 are super popular. Mine is an absolute beast.

It's a 4 cylinder naturally aspirated diesel 5-speed with high and low range capabilities. I could probably climb a telephone pole with it, and it gets over 40 Kpg.

I get asked if I want to sell it almost daily and all of them still pull top dollar.

Last edited:
Reactions: sealuva