Toyota RAV

Jan 9, 2004
After reading numerous threads the most suitable vehicle seems to be a jeep/suv/Toyota . Bearing in mind i like out of the way beaches , off road stuff etc etc

question for someone with extensive knowledge of this car

if i bought a second hand RAV Toyota ( see supercarros) aged 2-6 years ( i.e the car has been on the road for 2-3 years in the Dr)
what typical mechanical problems might i expect to see after being on DR roads?
QUOTE]

Suspension.......no matter what you buy.

Toyota Rav4 is an excellent choice. Just make sure its 4 wheel drive.....lots of 2 wheel drive Rav4's in the DR.

QUOTE]Im tryin to determine if its best to get a second hand car. Buy a heap of new parts, coils tires etc and refurbish it, as ive hear parts and labour are reasonalble well priced for Toyotas , as opposed to buying the same model for $20000us more brand new ($40000us)

Depends. If money is no object....buy new.

However one guy i know says dont buy a second hand car in the DR under any circumstances. What are your thoughts?
second hand and invest $5 thousand into new parts etc and buy it for $20000us
Toyota RAV4 2008 En Venta en Rep?blica Dominicana @SuperCarros.com - #386011
or brand new; $40000us
Toyota RAV4 2014 En Venta en Rep?blica Dominicana @SuperCarros.com - #383460

If you don't know your cars, know your dealer. And if you don't know a dealer, know a mechanic. If you don't know any of these, send your own vehicle or buy new in DR.

Respectfully,
Playcaribe2

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
I drive a 2003 Landcruiser since 2006. Never have a serious problem. I use Elvis Toyota for service in Santiago
Lots of late model Suzuki's around. Why not buy a Toyota land cruiser , great vehicle, local mechanics have experience with them and they are perfect 4 x 4's. Local peasants...eh, nice condensation.