Transfer from Glamping Ecolodge to Barahona Caribe Tours

kostas

Jan 18, 2023
Athens, Greece
Good morning. I need a transfer to Barahona this Thursday, November 30. I must be in Caribe Tours station, no later than 09:20! My departure location is Glamping Ecolodge at Carretera Bahia de las Aguilas. Is anyone travelling that day up east? If yes, can I join you? Looking forward to anyone's reply. Thank you in advance.
Konstantinos.

kostas

Jan 18, 2023
Athens, Greece
Thank you Bob for the quick response. I actually arrived from Barahona to Pedernales by Quaqua (Pedernales to Ecolodge by motoconcho -800rd- with hard bargain), it took really long with lots of stops for no actual reason. So, for the reverse trip I should start very very early, to be sure I will arrive in Caribe Tours station before the 09:45 bus leaves for Santo Domingo! If only I knew the first quaqua scheduled trip and the starting point... I could ask a guy with a motoconcho to transfer me...
As for assistance by the Ecolodge... I don't count on them! Let's just say for the moment that life is extremely hard for foreign single tourists who don't speak Spanish! More on that when I make it back home, safely...

Nov 9, 2023
SC
Looking at google maps you are quite south of Pedernales in the middle of nowhere. Considering your tight schedule and transport variables I would advice to go a day early to Barahona, stayover the night there and take the bus to SD in the morning with less stress.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Gosh, just the thought of staying in a tent in DR, no matter how supposedly glamorous it is. No A/C, no toilet, things crawling over you all night. Not for this lady.

Back to the OP's question, I would strongly suggest that you maybe think about giving up a night in the delightful tent go to Barahona the previous day and stay in a little hotel. If not I suspect you will need to transit in the dark, which won't be fun, or worse the transfer won't appear and you will end up missing your bus (and I suspect then missing a flight). Things in DR very often don't go to plan, it's hard to find reliable people who will turn up, especially super early.

By the way, when negotiating a fare, bear in mind that the poor person who takes you then needs to make the same journey back. Fuel is more expensive here than in the US, and just look around at the poverty. Not sure if you really need to try to screw someone down to US$ 15 for a 4-5 hour drive. Have a little compassion.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Gosh, just the thought of staying in a tent in DR, no matter how supposedly glamorous it is. No A/C, no toilet, things crawling over you all night. Not for this lady.

Back to the OP's question, I would strongly suggest that you maybe think about giving up a night in the delightful tent go to Barahona the previous day and stay in a little hotel. If not I suspect you will need to transit in the dark, which won't be fun, or worse the transfer won't appear and you will end up missing your bus (and I suspect then missing a flight). Things in DR very often don't go to plan, it's hard to find reliable people who will turn up, especially super early.

By the way, when negotiating a fare, bear in mind that the poor person who takes you then needs to make the same journey back. Fuel is more expensive here than in the US, and just look around at the poverty. Not sure if you really need to try to screw someone down to US$ 15 for a 4-5 hour drive. Have a little compassion.
Camping , what year is this? Why would anyone elect that. I wouldn't even stay on one of those loaded tour busses if it was parked in a camp ground. Where is the solid waste going btw?

Last sentence also on the money, Maria my long lost love

• Love
Reactions: MariaRubia

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Noisy, yes, trashy yes. Humid - not so much - try Louisiana.
But I think Canada and the US are now more corrupt
Trashy is a bit much (unless you meant excessive solid waste pile up) even for the toughest critics. Lots of plusses to balance noise and heat. Corruption no one escapes. A government is a business no matter what part of world you're from.

Aug 31, 2011
I just went to Bahía de las águilas and was quite impressed
by the eco- glamping setup there.
We met a couple who shared our boat ride to the beach
And they spoke highly about it. Then I took a look around
and even showered there. I hope everyone stays away so it stays
This nice for a long time!! 😂