Transit visa for the USA

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I think when you say Global entry you mean the Visa Waiver system perhaps that permits the citizens of about 25 countries to purchase on line in advance their special entry form into the USA and they do not need a visa ,,If they have this in most USA airports now they can go in the same line as Americans and Canadians ,,at Kennedy you do your own fingure printing and photos in automatic machines before proceeding past an officer

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
I think when you say Global entry you mean the Visa Waiver system perhaps that permits the citizens of about 25 countries to purchase on line in advance their special entry form into the USA and they do not need a visa ,,If they have this in most USA airports now they can go in the same line as Americans and Canadians ,,at Kennedy you do your own fingure printing and photos in automatic machines before proceeding past an officer

It's not necessarily a Visa Waiver program since it's only open to:

"Global Entry is open to U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents, Dutch citizens, South Korean citizens and Mexican nationals."

Eligibility for Global Entry | U.S. Customs and Border Protection

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
If they were smart can do a simple thing, over the web get all the information prior of the flight for example 30 days before for transit passinger and charge a fee if they want too. problem solved. Candian transit visa is for free, the only dificulty with that is that you have to take the time to apply for the visa.

The UK and US governments have admitted that they are monitoring over 90% of all traffic on the internet, so they already know everything there is to know about us. And all airlines have to release their full passenger data to the US government before they fly, which is also fed into their computers. Don't believe for one second they are not fully aware of who is on the plane before anyone arrives. I have seen them board a plane on arrival with police and take certain "wanted" passengers off.

The whole point of 4 hour long lines and filling in a silly little form and being talked to as if we are 2 years old is to make us think that they are doing something about terrorism, it's window dressing pure and simple. I pay thousands more to avoid flying through the US as a result.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
More and more frequent fliers who are not travelling to the US are opting to circumvent that country all together when booking their flights. The monitoring goes further than mentioned above; all flights that enter US airspace even if they will not land in the US must submit passenger data prior to departure. The US reserves the prerogative to deny anyone permission to transit US airspace for any reason at any time.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Canadians citizens or canadian residents dont need visa to go to USA.

correct, my point was about Global Entry, Trusted Traveler and Nexus.... all 'easy border' privileges available to US, Cdn and Mexican citizens... regardless of residency

No waiting at Immigration... all computerized without human intervention... eyeball scan , now going to passport scan

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
More and more frequent fliers who are not travelling to the US are opting to circumvent that country all together when booking their flights. The monitoring goes further than mentioned above; all flights that enter US airspace even if they will not land in the US must submit passenger data prior to departure. The US reserves the prerogative to deny anyone permission to transit US airspace for any reason at any time.

Its true, must of the airlines sent the Data automatically when you complete the checkin, some other as Air Canada you have to go online and fill by yourself all your personal info including passport number, expiration date, ect. Also here in Dominican Reublic since last september 2013 all airlines has to send all passenger information to the Dominican Republic inmigration Department right away you book a flight, I was reading that after they implented this new system has denied the entrance to the Dominican Republci to some people.