Transportation Sector? Profitable

Christobal

Nov 28, 2006
www.allaffair.com
I am considering getting in the transportation sector to offer specialized trips to major cities in the d.r. Not a taxi or bus, I will go after the tourists, I keep hearing stories of them getting ripped off because they don't do their research. I was thinking taking reservations from the states. Don't know throwing out a couple ideas. That is what I do here in the us, limousine transportation.

I think I worry about the "permit issues" at the airports. corruption?

Any ideas?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Your worries are valid.
A lot of what happens in and around the tourist sector is controlled by syndicates, and outsiders are not welcome.
I would suggest that you research this project very carefully, here, on the ground, before investing one penny....or RD$0.33.4 centavos.

HB

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Everything involving transportation of people here in this country is controlled by the transportation syndicates and people can not be moved without the approval of these syndicates. It is a costly endeavor to get into if you don't have the proper contacts. There is the possibility that you may get away with it if you had only one vehicle and said vehicle doesn't have much advertising on it.

Rick

MauricioFab32

Jun 10, 2004
Sounds good!

That sounds like a good business...High end services are rare but demands are surely on the rise. There are possible ways to get around it. Like talking to taxi companies, and finding a way to suit your needs (of course not haveing those pesky noise making radios!) I have a friend that owns one and would be open to discussing the topic. If interested you can email me:
MauricioFab32@hotmail.com. I also wrote you an email. Good luck!