Transporte from Airport to hotel outrageous price!Question ?

Kimmir

Mar 7, 2007
Hello, I will be returning to the D.R. for Vacation in December. Everything is all set except for a ride from the S.D.Q. Airport to my hotel in Juan Dolio. I was given a price from the hotel of 170 us Dollars one way!! A round trip would almost be more than a whole weeks stay at my A.I. Barcelo Cappella? I did not want to bother friends for a ride as they will still be working at the time I come in but if that is the true price I guess I will. Do you think this is a mis- quote?? Thanks for any advice.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
A quick Yahoo search and I found a rate for $45 one way for up to 5 passengers (SDQ airport to Juan Dolio).

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
something is DEFINITELY wrong here...and i would look at a different hotel right away.

Boca Chica is near Juan Dolio...and the most i have paid for a car is 20 USD. I cant imagine juan dolio costing all that much more...perhaps 25? 30 is the max my friends have paid from downtown S.D. to BC late at night.

perhaps it is a mis-quote as you suggested. perhaps 17 usd vs 170??? If not you have time to change your reservation as you are not traveling till december.

I'd call again and get this straightened out immediately.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
A quick Yahoo search and I found a rate for $45 one way for up to 5 passengers (SDQ airport to Juan Dolio).

even that price sounds crazy.

If the OP doesnt want to bug his/her friends....just ask THEM to set up a car service for you....i cant imagine paying anything over 30 (and even that sounds high to me)

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Hello, I will be returning to the D.R. for Vacation in December. Everything is all set except for a ride from the S.D.Q. Airport to my hotel in Juan Dolio. I was given a price from the hotel of 170 us Dollars one way!! A round trip would almost be more than a whole weeks stay at my A.I. Barcelo Cappella? I did not want to bother friends for a ride as they will still be working at the time I come in but if that is the true price I guess I will. Do you think this is a mis- quote?? Thanks for any advice.

You can pre-book your transfer here:

Dominican Airport Transfers

for $45US one way for up to 5 passengers.

If you have not booked with Rafael Silva before he may request prepayment by PayPal - don't worry, he is reputable and above board.

Gregg

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
I was quoted the same price by Barcello Capella, but if you take a taxi from Las Americas it is only $40.00.