Traumatological Hospital for Sosúa

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
According to what is presented by the Servicio Nacional de Salud (SNS) on page 21 of today's Listín Diario, in the right column it mentions Sosúa as one of three places that will be getting a traumotological hospitals.

Jxnf2uj.jpg

According to the article in the following link of September 10, 2023; construction of the Sosúa's traumological hospital was started this past September. It will have:.

- Emergency room with 7 beds for observation, trauma shock, nebulation and cure.​
- 44 interment beds​
- 7 random doctor offices​
- 1 pediatric office​
- 1 gynecological office​
- 1 dentist office​
- 1 physiatry & vaccine office​
- 1 chemical laboratory​
- 1 hematology laboratory​
- 1 bacteriology laboratory​
- 1 taking samples laboratory.​
- A magnetic resonance imaging machine (MRI)​
- A CT Scan machine​
- An X rays machine​
- An ultrasound machine​
- 3 surgery rooms​
- 1 giving birth room​
- 4 preparation beds​
- 4 recuperation beds​
- Newly ben attention room​
- Starilization room​
- Etc​

Where exactly in Sosúa is this taking place?

Since this is a government project, now you know where some of your Dominican taxes such as ITBIS charged every time you buy most things is going.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Forgot to mention that the Sosúa traumatological hospital is suppose to serve the entire north coast including places as far as Las Terrenas and Samaná. I find it interesting that is being built in Sosúa instead of Puerto Plata, but proximity could be important for expats.

Alao, the "newly ben attention room" is suppose to say "newly born attention room."

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
The only 2 hospitals That I know being constructed is just outside the airport entrance. One has been under construction for years and is just before the military air station on the left. The latest is between the airport and la union.

Reactions: trspencer

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Forgot to mention that the Sosúa traumatological hospital is suppose to serve the entire north coast including places as far as Las Terrenas and Samaná. I find it interesting that is being built in Sosúa instead of Puerto Plata, but proximity could be important for expats.

Alao, the "newly ben attention room" is suppose to say "newly born attention room."
As far as I know, Hospital Ricardo Limardo in Pto. Plata is considered to be a traumatological hospital.