Travelers are cooperative about being tested at airports

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Pruebas-Covid-en-Aeropuerto-Listin-Diario.jpeg

Luis López, spokesperson for Las Americas International Airport, told Listin Diario that a team of 15 military doctors is testing passengers who arrive without PCR test results. He said the blood serum tests take less than 30 minutes per passenger. He said travelers have been receptive and helpful with the new procedure. The Dominican government covers the cost of the tests.

López reported that the testing is happening from 8am at the airport. The tests are a new requirement by the High Commission for Prevention and Control of Coronavirus.

Travelers who present negative PCR test results from a lab that are less than five days old are exempted from the test.

“Everything has gone in complete calm. The passengers are collaborating and have been patient, aware of the difficult situation the country and the world is going through because of this pandemic. They are...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
What happens if the blood serum test at the airport is positive ? Do they quarantine, or send back the tourist ?

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
What happens if the blood serum test at the airport is positive ? Do they quarantine, or send back the tourist ?
We don’t really know. We will have to wait to hear reports from people trying it.

Reactions: zoomzx11

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I bet you a meal and a grande they have not even planned for such a scenario..
quarantine they whole FLIGHT ?
send back the whole flight ,
shut down the airport ?

Reactions: aarhus

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
shut down the airport ?
You should really have a choice. Stay in quarantine at government facility or fly back even if its on your own expense.

Reactions: jd426

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
How do you know if the airline will let you onboard if you've tested positive?
Wow yeah. I don't know. It really does get complicated. I myself am looking at traveling to Denmark maybe December to win time and stay 6 months in Europe before I travel back to DR hoping there is some more clarity by then.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
It was stated in the last announcement that you would be taken to an isolation facility.
Egads.
Who would ever put up with this to visit the DR?
Have the bad luck to get a false positive and end up in some CV infested hotel then get sick and die in the DR.
I think I will just wait for the vaccine.

Reactions: ramesses

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Egads.
Have the bad luck to get a false positive and end up in some CV infested hotel then get sick and die in the DR.
Thats a bit dramatic but you are right. What an inconvenience. That is why I am staying here longer and then when I leave for Denmark I can come back her later hopefully when there is some normalcy on my return to the DR. You will have to really need to come here or be desperate for a vacation.

Feb 7, 2007
This makes no sense. The article says they are testing for antibodies. So a person who has gone through the virus and is now virus free, would have antibodies (hello, immunity) so it would gets positive in this test. What are they going to do with those cases?

Reactions: ramesses

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Egads.

...then once you finally get out, most countries are requiring another 2 week upon return. Taking a huge chance.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
So much detail still needed about this arrival testing and how the results are going to be used. Is everyone going to get tested or just those from high risk countries? If you get snatched up due to antibody presence who pays for your mandatory isolation? How long are you to be held? What if that causes you to miss your return flight? Will they split up families or groups traveling together? What a mess!

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
shut down the airport ?
They will all gather round staring at the test and say "Bueeeeeeeennnnnnnno". And then frantically send messages to people on their phones, and another 50 people will gather round all staring at the result, and all say "Bueeeeeeennnnnnnno" and nobody will quite know what to do. And then someone important looking will come along and say something ridiculous like they have to cancel all flights for the rest of the month and then walk off.