traveling in comfort and style: caribe tours edition

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
The first year I was in the dr, I was cruising along the road imbert/navarrette at 100 km/h.
On a flat bit of the road a caribe tour bus deceides to overtake. Me, with my european driving experience, says to myself "of course he can see he hasnt the time, that we are heading towards each other at a combined speed of 200km/h......"
At impact time minus 3 1/3 seconds, I slammed on the brakes and veered violently off the road.......
My wife blamed me !!!!! Can't u see he is much bigger than us!!!! My most important lesson on driving in the dr.......

P.s. people around here call the carine buses, " la bestia assasina "........

avi8or57

Nov 25, 2010
You havn't done anything until you take the red eye ( el cibao ) out of pop to santo domingo at 4am .

You got that right, I took that bus one day into SD and they must have made a million stops in between, they even placed boards between the aisle seats to fill up the bus to it's max with passengers and chicken coups!!!! :) Never again!!!!!!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
those smaller companies are properly nuts. i was going to the airport the other day, in front of me was a truck carrying cement blocks. we were almost reaching montellano and traveling at a decent speed for that stretch of the road so i did not make any attempts to overtake, too many accidents in this area. then i see medium size bus trying to overtake and really going for it. i moved a bit to the right and the asshole passed me going maybe 120 km/hr right in front of grand parada. what an idiot. i always slow down for montellano because of guagauas and carros publicos stopping every few meters and all the motos buzzing around. that bus driver was an accident waiting to happen. i just hope he's not gonna kill a whole bunch of people...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The bus drivers can be as "Professional"?????????, as you want, but the cars that pull out in front of them from side roads, or STOP suddenly in front to make a turn, haven't got a "CLUE"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
I've been in some where the driver has a whip trying to get more speed out of it and I've been in some (yesterday ) where we were getting passed by 10 wheelers .