Traveling Solo Want to Party and Dance with Locals- Best Place to stay

Osaka

Jul 6, 2011
On the flights. Yes from NYC to POP will run me 288 before taxes n fees vs about 360 before taxes and fees for SD. Also the flights leave at better hours.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Deyvi> I have one guy that works with me who is from SD. He offered to let me stay with his son for free and he would take me everywhere and again 90% about what women were going to do to me sexually. But I am leary of going to stay with someone who I have never met in my life. And the guy lives in the SD equivalent of Marcy Projects or something. I don't want to have to duck shots on vacation. There is enough of that craziness here in NYC.

I made a penpal through Amigos.com She lives in SD and even she told me don't come there by myself. And the guys at work are all like SD alone no way. Especially not at night because the situation down there is really bad and stick ups and drugging people are common. Also they deported tons of drug dealers from NYC and they are now in SD.

But I will try to look at it some more. There is a women in SD that has website all about Zona Colonial and she was willing to help me out with finding a hotel for $30/night. But I got sketched out by everyone telling me don't go solo.

Perhaps if I give money to the hotel staff in Caberete one of them can take me along with them dancing.
Osaka, It's obvious you have'nt a clue. You will be the biggest pigeon there is. Now you you say your hooking up with someone online? I'm sorry but you are stupid!! Before you think of coming here you need to see if you can hang in Washington Heights on a regular basis. You've probably never been there.

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
Hey OSAKA, Go to Cabarete and get to a hotel that will give you a weekly rate of let say 20 to 25 bucks per night. Cabarete is very safe and if you are thinking about mingling with the locals Cabarete is the best place. Now if do not care much about the beach you can stay in the colonial city as they have many places to go about dancing and mingling with the locals not expensive and safe. plus you are just 5.bucks away from a round trip bus fare to the beach and you can experience a lot more.

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
Osaka. Good luck in whichever place that you chose to stay but I will highly recommend the Colonial City as there are 5 time more places to party within walking distance and more people that you can meet to hang out with. PM me if you need more advices and places to stay.

Osaka

Jul 6, 2011
Deyvi> Read more carefully. No I am hooking up with anyone. She's a penpal. She is married and has two kids and home all day long bored and is happy to have someone to communicate with living someplace else to hear about something other than babies crying and her hungry husband wondering where his meal is. And I get to hear about life in DR. Particularly in Santo Doming.

Deyvi copy and paste below. This is where I'm at every Friday and Saturday night. On the guest list getting in partying my ass off for free. Take the 1 train up 145 Street step out of the station and you face the line. Come upstairs and you will find me on the dance floor. That's where I am hooking up with people. Not on the internet.
http://www.elmorocconyc.com/index2.html

Washington Heights start at 155th Street so you probably think I'm still bull****ing you. Because the club is on 145th which is technically still Harlem. So if you you ever step foot in NYC go up to Malecon on 175th and Broadway. Best Dominican food in NYC.

Plenty of Dominicans in the Bronx as well. If you want to party up there I recommend going to MonteCarlo Room. Tell them Ramon sent you.

Stupid people get on planes and go places without researching properly where they are going and what they intend on doing before they go. I posted a question and got the answer to my question that I wanted.

Osaka

Jul 6, 2011
Jose> Yes it's roundtrip. From NYC JFK. It's insanely cheap to fly RT bet NYC and DR. I suspect due to the large population living here in the city.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
>osoka u ever been to el morrco or however u spell it on broadway?

Morocco has probably the cheesiest deco in NYC, but they have good concerts.

And by the way from NYC, this summer to POP, with taxes, there is nothing less than $600 :(

Josemexicano

Apr 24, 2011
I just seen ur post. I want there one time but drove n due to couldnt find a park nowhere end up goin up to new rochell to don conqui :/ but was also good

Josemexicano

Apr 24, 2011
Morocco has probably the cheesiest deco in NYC, but they have good concerts.

And by the way from NYC, this summer to POP, with taxes, there is nothing less than $600 :(
I found some to sd for around $450 and I want to go to thaf club. I never been

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I just seen ur post. I want there one time but drove n due to couldnt find a park nowhere end up goin up to new rochell to don conqui :/ but was also good

There is a parking between broadway and Riverside on 145th Street. Not sure about the prices though, never drove there since I used to live a couple blocks away :)

Osaka

Jul 6, 2011
Jose. Absolutely! Gives it character though. Go there on a Saturday. It is packed out the whazooo with gorgeous women. They advertise on Mega. Saw Tono Rosario the week before last. Was incredible.

Osaka

Jul 6, 2011
Ha! Ha! Jose I plan to book my flight Friday. I will send you the info on Friday. There are cheaper flights.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
There are 4 dance clubs within 100 meters of each other directly on the beach in Cabarete..walking distance from most of the hotels in Cabarete. There's only one place (Ojo) that plays all Merengue and Bachata (and Salsa) but that's only Thursday night...the rest of the time and in the other clubs it's a mix of dance music from all over...

Sosua has several dance clubs, but 90% or more of the women are working girls...plenty of cheap hotels though and you can walk everywhere very safely.

Puerto Plata has many Dominican style dance cubs but they aren't very tourist-friendly...The tourist friendly spots are in Playa Dorada and not very "Dominican". To go to the Local spots you'll need transportation and taxis are expensive if your solo.

There are several "Tipico" type places with Dominican Music and Dominican crowds, but you wouldn't want to go there solo on your first trip to the DR. There are lots of great people, Foreign and Dominican, who will gladly hang out with you and take you to other clubs/bars that they're going to...

The Colonial Zone is plenty safe for a single guy and there are many clubs and bars with Dominican Music, you can walk from your hotel to the various clubs and restaurants without problem...there won't be many non-Dominicans out at night though....maybe 5%, so it could be kind of intimidating.

The rest of Santo Domingo has 100's of clubs, bars, Tipicos, etc, but rquires transportation and is definitely not very tourist-friendly at night.

Santiago has about a half-dozen trendy type clubs, and dozens of Dominican music dance clubs, but you'll need transportation (cabs are fine and cheap), and it's less intimidating for a single foreign guy than SD (IMO)...

Osaka

Jul 6, 2011
Africaida> I will post the info on this Friday after I book my flight. I will give the airline info and the exact price I paid.

Jose do it. You will have a blast. Last Saturday that had 5 Presidentes for $15. Most of the ladies are super down to earth too because in a place like that nobody can really walk around with their nose too high up in the air. There are too many beautiful women. Friday night is less crowded and they close the Hip Hop room. Saturday both rooms are open. Also all the fellas in there are very polite. No thugs or hoodlums. People just party hard. It gets crowded between 12:45 and 3:00.