traveling with medication

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The US - Canada border is indeed a mystery.... never the same 2 days ina row

Flying into the US or Canada is the same..... mysterious.

Totally -- TOTALLY - depends on the attitude/mood of the interviewing official
Who (BTW) has no superior in the US... except the Federal Court

Question his decision and you don't go to a back room..... you go to a Federal Judge
(advice from my immigration laywer)

I love Azua

Dec 3, 2011
Friends,Romans, Countrymen(and Women), Everybody use the Wellington method for drug smuggling. First save all your old pill containers. Second, empty your prescriptions into these containers leaving just a few pill for the first few days,then get your butt to a pharmacia, fill your prescription inthe DR( usually double) Put the new pills in the containers you brought down so when you leave you have 90 to 180 days of pills and you can carry them on in your carry on bags. I've been doing this for many years.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Friends,Romans, Countrymen(and Women), Everybody use the Wellington method for drug smuggling. First save all your old pill containers. Second, empty your prescriptions into these containers leaving just a few pill for the first few days,then get your butt to a pharmacia, fill your prescription inthe DR( usually double) Put the new pills in the containers you brought down so when you leave you have 90 to 180 days of pills and you can carry them on in your carry on bags. I've been doing this for many years.

That is my prefered method as well.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I came back to the US with 6 months of psych meds (3 types so a LOT of pills) in my checked bag. I was in a wheel chair at the gate (Chikungunya) and everyone else had boarded the plane and they wheeled me back to a desk that I had never seen with a couple of guys in uniform. OMG! I figured - of course- for some reason that they were not going to let me leave... unpaid electric bill? (thought I had) libel suit for a story I had written (I flatter myself) .. two women from the airlines were there - and we finally got it straight - "DID I have Prescriptions for the Medicine?" I had had the foresight to go to my psych doc before leaving and get -not only- the 3 scripts but also a note with my diagnosis and an explanation that he was advising that I carry a six month supply in order to give me time to get settled to find a new doc...

So - they do scan the checked bags - and they do search the carry ons - so if you are going to carry perscription drugs back to the USA - or OUT of the DR -one assumes to ANYWHERE - GET THE PERSCRIPTION

as others have said...

(always think that personal stories add a bit of flesh to the bones)

Sep 4, 2012
Two women asking you for prescriptions, where?

I came back to the US with 6 months of psych meds (3 types so a LOT of pills) in my checked bag.

I could only assume by the above that you were already at CONUS?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
They do scan/X-ray the luggage. We were stopped at the gate and taken to our checked suitcase because we had coffee beans in there. Maybe they thought they were pills??

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
They do scan/X-ray the luggage. We were stopped at the gate and taken to our checked suitcase because we had coffee beans in there. Maybe they thought they were pills??
No they thought it was something else ... :)