Trick (free calls to DR-landlines)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
bachata, enviame el numero por mensage (privado). I will try try it and see if it works from my american phone. If it works from here, it will work from anywhere.
AZB

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
yeah, nice joke. its impossible unless you have calling credit in magicjack.
AZB
AZB, I don't think he is joking at all! I've done it. What I think he means is that he uses MagicJack to call the FreeCallPin access number and then uses the current pin for the day to place the call to the DR. You can try it yourself with your MagicJack.

NotLurking

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ok, I understand now but I still don't think its possible to call a cell in DR. I have just tried calling my cell and i got a message that I don't have credit to call this number.
AZB

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Nothing is free in this f***king world

If someone tell you that you are to get something for free be aware of what is coming next, I have been trying this **** for a while and it say that I need to visit a website to purchase calling credit, so why this stupid website offer free calling minutes when is not true.
Last week i went to sears to buy some tools and the cashier made the offer to discount 15. bucks in my bill if I sing up for a sear credit car, I said: ok, wonderful I like the discount but please tell me where is the trick.....

I'm not a idiot!!

JJ

Last edited:

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
If someone tell you that you are to get something for free be aware of what is coming next, I have been trying this **** for a while and it say that I need to visit a website to purchase calling credit, so why this stupid website offer free calling minutes when is not true.
Last week i went to sears to buy some tools and the cashier made the offer to discount 15. bucks in my bill if I sing up for a sear credit car, I said: ok, wonderful I like the discount but please tell me where is the trick.....

I'm not a idiot!!

JJ

Did you buy your neighbor an air compressor?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002

I'm not a idiot!!

JJ

It seems dominicans are abusing this service so they are limiting the calls to DR. This is why the recorded message is played which says "sorry, you do not have enough credit to make this call".
I have called DR on numerous occasions. I have called mexico with success. I make calls to colombia and UK almost everyday. It works fine for destinations which are not abused by the users. So I suggest, you try again another time.
AZB

Sep 19, 2005
I usually use TEL-3 to make calls ..it is about 7 cents a minute to a cell phone...when you make the call they tell you how many minutes you have ,based on the funds still in your account..

but when i call my ex GFs work( dominican number) the minutes are triple what i am told is available when i call a cell phone there...so the land line is about 2 cents a minute..

almost not worth looking around for a cheaper source!!!if you are calling a land line!

bbbad bob

Rebtel

I'd been using Rebtel to call from the US to the DR, just recently the DR became a Rebtel country, which means they have local numbers in the DR! You can make free calls if you connect from one side and have the other party call you back with you hanging up. I just try it and it works like a charm, voice quality is good.

During my experience using Rebtel rates and quality of service is being above expectations, I recommend you try it. Cheap International Calls From Rebtel

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
I'd been using Rebtel to call from the US to the DR, just recently the DR became a Rebtel country, which means they have local numbers in the DR! You can make free calls if you connect from one side and have the other party call you back with you hanging up. I just try it and it works like a charm, voice quality is good.

During my experience using Rebtel rates and quality of service is being above expectations, I recommend you try it. Cheap International Calls From Rebtel

I use this service too. People in the UK have a local number for my mobile here, and I pick up the charges for the IP part (which is minimal) and after a previous failed launch here in the DR, they are now back again.

This means you will have a local 809 number, and you can point that at your cheap PAYG mobile in whatever country you are in and avoid lots of long distance charges.

Its always been a great service for me too.